Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lincolnshire Wolds Railway 1940's weekend

Article about: Last minute I decided to go to this event rather than the Victory Show. Pleased I did as I got to sit in a Spitfire! This aircraft saw action at Arnhem, crash landed in Belgium and served in

Default Lincolnshire Wolds Railway 1940's weekend

Last minute I decided to go to this event rather than the Victory Show. Pleased I did as I got to sit in a Spitfire!
    This aircraft saw action at Arnhem, crash landed in Belgium and served in the Italian theatre.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lincolnshire Wolds Railway 1940's weekend   Lincolnshire Wolds Railway 1940's weekend  

Lincolnshire Wolds Railway 1940's weekend   Lincolnshire Wolds Railway 1940's weekend  

Lincolnshire Wolds Railway 1940's weekend   Lincolnshire Wolds Railway 1940's weekend  

Lincolnshire Wolds Railway 1940's weekend  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick, ah, wondered why we did not see you at the weekend!

Sitting in Spit must have been pretty special!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It certainly was Ade! Looks like the Victory Show was another good one!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

glad you enjoyed it.

Probably not as exciting as the Victory Show but it was a quaint station tucked away in the Wolds and was very evocative of wartime England

Nick