Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for smaller Uniforms

Article about: Hello folks! I have a "small" predicament (Bad pun. No more! I promise!). The impression I get from the examination of web pages like At The Front and Hessen Antique is that the ma

Post Looking for smaller Uniforms

Hello folks!

I have a "small" predicament (Bad pun. No more! I promise!).

The impression I get from the examination of web pages like At The Front and Hessen Antique is that the majority of the re-enacting community is made up of larger folks. By that I don't mean overweight people, but people of average build. Most uniforms come in anything from 38 all the way up to a grand 55. My problem is that I am at quite the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm of average height, being about 5'8 or 5'9, but I'm incredibly slim and at the largest I wear a size 36. I have a Swiss tunic that I bought for winter wear in that size and wearing a sweater and a teeshirt underneath, I still have a good inch or half inch of moving space inside of it (not that that is undesirable, it doesn't look huge on me and offers excellent mobility).

I have seen 36s on ATF (not to mention their glorious (and costly) texled uniforms) and Hessen Antique (To name a couple sellers of the higher quality uniforms) and have absolutely scoured the Chinese sellers finding nothing larger than a 38 on thier webpages (Further confirming my suspictions about the height and build of the community).

I was wondering if any of you here on Warrelics knew of any sellers that regularly held a stock of small sizes between 34-36?

Default Re: Looking for smaller Uniforms

Product Detail | Man The Line
    Here is a 34 if it will fit doesn't look bad and neither does the price. -Ben

Try original one's .
    I never found one that suited me.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

My friend Richard Underwood here in the UK stocks size 36 inch chest tunics:

Richard A Underwood - WW2 Militaria and Re-enactment Supplies

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Excellently quick replies!

Thanks for your links, Ade and AmeriKraut!

Stuka - One day I will be purchasing originals, but for now, while I am 20 and poor, it must suffice for me to ogle my copy of Deutsche Soldaten a couple of time per day.

Ade - Your friend has THE widest variety of German footware I've seen in one place to date! I'll be keeping that in mind, especially since he stocks the Bundeswehr boots I'm so keen on!

Kraut - That tunic is spot on! I think it is the one I'll settle on!

Glad to help I spotted it because im looking for one too size 38 in a m40 or m36 heer under 200 preferably. Do you reenact German or is it for a display? -Ben

While I do plan on re-enacting one day, for now the purchase is simply to satisfy my desire to have a tunic to wear out and about. I'm very much against these "Michelin" man coats people wear today. I would love to re-enact, but at $600 every two weeks I sadly can't afford all the bells and whistles just yet. I am going off to school for history next year though, and at the other end I'll hopefully be making enough to enter into the field (Of re-enacting), as it were!

I am almost 20 and I am on my second year in college for teaching history (highschool) level I reenact US but Im in the same boat for German I just cant afford it now with books tuition rent gas bills... and collecting original items. -Ben

For just everyday use you can look at this site here:

Army Navy Outfitters Military Surplus Clothing Army Navy Store Military Uniform Accessories Military Clothing - Uncle Sams Army Navy Outfitters

They're cheap for us poor students, and with some creative tailoring who knows what you could do..