Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Midsummer Vintage Festival

Article about: Again, I'm 'Gobsmacked' (look it up) at the authentisity of this gear! Well done!!!!!

?

Default Re: Midsummer Vintage Festival

Again, I'm 'Gobsmacked' (look it up) at the authentisity of this gear!
    Well done!!!!!

Comrade,
    The Glorious 2nd Guards only Conforms to the Dress Regulations and Scales of Norms of the RKKA.... there is no other way to Deploy to a Front....

They do know their Onions ,as per the Scale of Norms....

Thanks for the comments guys

Once in a year we will take out some "fash" weapons to show the public This was very much a "show and tell" type of show. I would not allow anyone in the group to actually carried a German weapon as the norm.

Comrade Viktor makes a very good point about Soviet use of captured weapons. Ammo supply was a big problem. The British Army could get away with captured MP38/40's etc due to the common usage of 9mm. But the Soviets did not share a common sized round with the Germans, other than 7.63mm Mauser, which was by then a rare round to find at the front.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys

Once in a year we will take out some "fash" weapons to show the public This was very much a "show and tell" type of show. I would not allow anyone in the group to actually carried a German weapon as the norm.

Comrade Viktor makes a very good point about Soviet use of captured weapons. Ammo supply was a big problem. The British Army could get away with captured MP38/40's etc due to the common usage of 9mm. But the Soviets did not share a common sized round with the Germans, other than 7.63mm Mauser, which was by then a rare round to find at the front.

Cheers, Ade.
    I heard another story from the veteran, he says that commonly used weapons as pistols, where very fashionable- if you have on trophee pistol, then you've kill officer, later to have a tropheed weapons- firsly a fashion, and secondary - if you lost your weapon, no one will send you to the penal unit for that, this is just a trophee, and your PPSH gun is being keept in the rear positions.
    Thirdly, at the beginning of the war, sometimes the weapons soldier has, make over a 20000 shot's, ( once I've found 6 cartridges with the holes on the backpart, but no one has shot, the gun was dirty or broken). Due of that -better to have a good and new Mauser rifle then a broken Mosin rifle, but if you'll have a MP- first point :-" I'am a hero-I've take that gun in the fight and kill myself German unterofficier", the second point is that the MP is more useful than old Mosin rifle.
    Remember that only staff ( I don't know if that right word, in German is STAMM) units of the RKKA has a good and new weapons. The volunteers and mobilised in the first days of the war got any weapons which has been on the stocks. If you'll carefully look the documental film where RKKA troops in Moscow in parade of 7 november of 1941, being marched on the Red Square, they all carried a old Lewis mashine guns gotten by the Red Army in the civil war ( Antanta supply for White army)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Midsummer Vintage Festival  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2