Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Military Odyssey

Article about: Popped down to the Kent county show ground for this years Military Odyssey on the 27th August (just missed that bridge collapse on the M20 fortunately) a show for reanactors from all periods

Sadly this one is a shadow of it's former self...'tho it's still good...gone are the days when the main "strip" was lined with 5 rows of stalls running from top to bottom and the Jagd Panther was running around. But for re-enactors I'd say it's a must...from Hoplites to Falklands...Confederates to Somalia ..they're all there....and despite saying for the last 5 years "that's it....I've had it with this show"....I always go back!

Going to pencil this into my diary for 2017 for sure ,great picture's and thank's for sharing

Arrow

Just back from a rather pleasant mornings' outing to Detling - the first time me and 'Granatwerfer' have made the trip. You can see that the event isn't in the same rank, militaria-wise, as W&P, Stoneleigh, La Gleize etc. Even so, the stalls surprised us with their quality and we picked up some decent WWII items between us. The weather was superb and somehow, the atmosphere was pleasantly relaxed ; no crowding and shoving, and you could get up close to many of the exhibits without rope fencing and the like. And here, the visitors seemed to be mainly mom'n'pop'n'the kids - not so good for the stallholders, but unlike Beltring, if you missed something the first time around it was still there when you went back !

A nice morning. Here's a few pics of things I liked.....

Military Odyssey

Military Odyssey

Military Odyssey

Military Odyssey

Military Odyssey

Military Odyssey

We were there this morning too....'front of the queue too!

It was indeed better (for stuff at least) this year tho the stalls continue to be thin....both roads to the top used to be full and there were two full rows up the middle too....in the good ol' days...

'met some folk, saw some stuff, bought some kit......we should've put out an APB before hand so we could've had a Shandy....my loss - sorry!

Lightbulb

Right - last show of the year......tickets acquired, weather forecast looks pleasant......off we go tomorrow morning !

Great...we're going too...so going on our record to date we'll see you there but won't SEE you there!! :-)

.....oh and it might be YOUR last show....but there's the Victory Show...+ Mons......and then there's Malvern, Newark (ok ok so they're Fairs)

...and thank you sooooo much for keeping the one thread going.......

'not see you tomorrow then!

Thumbs up

Yep !

We look forward to walking straight past and ignoring you to maintain the Forum Tradition !

Will be there selling so will look out for you

Oh great...now I've THREE Forum members to avoid / ignore whilst pretending we're keen to hook up! :-)

...we'll come and find you Kradders!!

Make that four!

Will be there on Monday. I'll be after some bits for the collection, so will mainly be hanging around the indoor trading hall. But as a fan of history in general, I wouldn't want to miss out on the living history aspect.

B.B.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast