Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Military Odyssey

Article about: Popped down to the Kent county show ground for this years Military Odyssey on the 27th August (just missed that bridge collapse on the M20 fortunately) a show for reanactors from all periods

...hey...you stay away from Home Fronters......there's too many folk fishing in that pond already! :-)

I expect this Thread to be re-opened next July / August....now, who's going to Stoneleigh? :-) (separate thread!!!!!!!!!)

Lightbulb

Someone kindly gave me a 'like' for some photos I snapped earlier in this thread. Never take anything for granted, I guess - I just looked back at those pics through a haze of nostalgic pleasure .

I dream of being able to just getting in the car and driving down to Detling later this year. Here's hoping......

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Someone kindly gave me a 'like' for some photos I snapped earlier in this thread. Never take anything for granted, I guess - I just looked back at those pics through a haze of nostalgic pleasure .

I dream of being able to just getting in the car and driving down to Detling later this year. Here's hoping......
    Sorry I got dazzled by Adrian's camo!

I still fear for all the Biggies this year.....hopefully Chatham and Newark will make it happen this weekend...but they’re both very different to the big external Fairs. The general feeling seems to be if it’s outside it’ll be OK right?....wrong! For starters virtually everyone who attends these big shows will visit the toilet .....and as we know they arent the most numerous of places and they certainly aren’t beautifully cleaned....so thousands of folk all visiting dirty tiny enclosed/indoor rooms....there can be huge fields but when you KNOW that everyone will end up in the same tiny space over the course of the day....... Beer tents are similar too (though hopefully not as filthy). The best one I’ve done for over a year now was last year’s pop-up at Evesham.

I hope Detters makes it...but I’ve already got my eye on 2 other shows that weekend too just in case.

Good luck Newark and Chatham!

Wink

Quote by Composite View Post
    I still fear for all the Biggies this year.....virtually everyone who attends these big shows will visit the toilet ............... Beer tents are similar too
    Cor - it's being so cheerful wot keeps ol' Composite going !

I'm switching to glass-half-full mode ( whoops ! sorry... ) No beer for me, I'll take a supply of corks and 'hold on' 'til I get home...and as for Biggles, well, he'd better keep out of my way......

?

I will be going to military odyssey this year! If you overhear arguing between dealer and buyer regarding if Scottish bank notes are legal tender in England then it’s probably me!

I hope there’s plenty of dealers to complain to you...this will be the first BIG post-Brexit post-Lockdown outside Fair......

We'll be there.....

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I will be going to military odyssey this year! If you overhear arguing between dealer and buyer regarding if Scottish bank notes are legal tender in England then it’s probably me!
    Get some English notes to be on the safe side, those of us who live on the correct side of Hadrian's wall are suspicious of funny money...

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Get some English notes to be on the safe side, those of us who live on the correct side of Hadrian's wall are suspicious of funny money...
    It's not so much that but that as we all know, the Scots pound is only worth 19 shillings (I'm allowed to say that because my wife is a "Weegie")

Seriously, for those abroad who don't realise it; the Scots banknotes (and those in Northern Ireland) although denominated in Sterling are of diferent design which makes English traders skittish because they can't recognise forgeries as they don't know what real ones look like!

Nothing more than that but it does make for some really good piss-taking!!

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 08-18-2021 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

It is pretty one sided though understandably, English notes in Scotland at least with my experience never get declined!

Shame paper material notes aren’t in circulation anymore, could of used £1 notes !

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast