Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Normandy Trip (April 2010)

Article about: by buellmeister Fantastic Pictures Woody. I'm glad you got to experience this with your Uncle who served! What a historical significance that you'll never forget! Regards, Joel great photos

Default Re: Normandy Trip (April 2010)

Pointe-Du-Hoc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy Trip (April 2010)   Normandy Trip (April 2010)  

Normandy Trip (April 2010)   Normandy Trip (April 2010)  

That'll do for today I think. I'll post more tomorrow

Lee

Very nice pictures, I like the before and after shot's you threw in there, I imagine that is was a handful for your great uncle to wander around those places all these years later. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Mike

Hi Mike, it proved difficult for him in a few places, like Pointe-Du-Hoc, and Falaise, but he done suprising well. Sadly he is a little tired now. A mixture of walking, and over indulging in Brandy I think! lol

I like the picture of the little boy running over one of the bunkers at Pointe-Du-Hoc wearing an American M1 Helmet liner! The irony and innocence brings a smile to my face!

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    Hi Mike, it proved difficult for him in a few places, like Pointe-Du-Hoc, and Falaise, but he done suprising well. Sadly he is a little tired now. A mixture of walking, and over indulging in Brandy I think! lol

Well he's earned a rest, I'm not much of a drinker myself but I can understand a shot or three of Brandy after a trip back there. I recently saw a youtube video of the old base I was stationed at in Germany nearly 30 years ago, I got to be honest it shook me up a bit. I wasn't getting shot at then and although I lost a good friend while I was there, I didn't suffer the losses that people like your Great Uncle did. I say let him rest, lot's of fluids and another shot or two,,,, or maybe three of brandy. My best to you and also give my best to your uncle along with my thanks.

Mike

?

I love meeting and talking to the Veterans...so few left!!!

DEan

Hi Lee, thanks for sharing these and look forwards to seeing more. I am glad your Uncle enjoyed himself

Cheers, Ade.

?

Great photos i'm glad you have got there with Joe , he still looks a natural laying that 25 Pounder

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Fantastic Pictures Woody. I'm glad you got to experience this with your Uncle who served! What a historical significance that you'll never forget!

Regards,

Joel

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast