Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Opinions on this event

Article about: I woke up this morning to read this in my local newspaper. This happened in Yorkshire so im guessing some of you may of seen it aswell Basically people kept reporting it and media coverage o

As a fellow biker I applaud you sir! But maybe he had a point, you know all bikers eat babies right? Just like the rest of us Nazis!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

It saddens me being 16 knowing this demographic/my generation of people will stick around with me for the rest of my collecting life

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Bet he needs a few years of therapy now.
    Indeed so, i think he was expecting a debate on the matter!...

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    It saddens me being 16 knowing this demographic/my generation of people will stick around with me for the rest of my collecting life
    I know exactly what you mean. I wonder if we should genuinely fear for our lives for daring to think differently. Would hate to end up in Room 101 of the Ministry of Truth...

B.B.

?

Watch i bet you in the future there will be a bunch of people raid a museum or someone’s collection. Pile all the nazi militaria up and burn or destroy it. Destroying aspects of someone’s else interests or livelihood and its history.
    You know that rings a bell huh

Opinions on this event

CBH
    ?

And you know what they burn after they finish with the books.

Orwell was Doubleplusgood at predicting the future, I hope thats not a thoughtcrime yet.

Quote by gunny hartmann View Post
    it's sad we have to breathe the same air as this "snowflake" generation, i was sat in a local pub recently drinking a few beers, i happened to be wearing my leather motorcycle jacket and a bloke aged about 20 told me he objected to me wearing an animal skin, imagine the look of shock on his face when i told him to f*ck off and get a life!....
    lol
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

RSW
    ?

In contrast to history that is older and more removed from the present (the Roman empire for instance), the TR era I believe it still close enough to us that more people do not understand or take offense to those reenacting it. Come to think of it, would anybody in their right mind reenact what was shown on the newspaper at the beginning of this thread (V-1 research or launch), back during the war, in England? When it was still being targeted by the Germans? Doubtful. But times change. I never thought I would see the day that anybody would reenact Vietnam, but they do and I think that has been going on for decades now (here in the States).

Why do those reenacting Soviet units not draw the criticism shown to those reenacting TR? My guess is that perhaps people are generally unaware of the brutal history of communism, TR gets more attention in the media (because it sells), and Soviet forces did not attack Allied countries during the war in the same manner that the Germans did.

Unfortunate that the non-profit involved felt compelled to do this (cancel "German" uniformed participation). However they have to prioritize their responses to better serve their mission, and there are other locations to use. The reenactments I visited (when I was interested in that sort of thing) were held on US military bases and state parks, functioning full-auto weapons (blanks only of course) and pyrotechnics were allowed, etc. I even heard that some TR reenactors served as an aggressor force for (modern) army reserve/national guard units, that would have been fun!

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    It's sad we have to breathe the same air as this "snowflake" generation, I was sat in a local pub recently drinking a few beers, i happened to be wearing my leather motorcycle jacket and a bloke aged about 20 told me he objected to me wearing an animal skin, imagine the look of shock on his face when i told him to f*ck off and get a life!....
    Somewhere there's a skinless animal objecting a lot more! 😂

Guys, we’re not gonna win this one….ever! As far as they’re concerned we’re all paramilitaries obsessed with Nazis and simply “waiting for the day” instead of old warehouse men and painters and decorators who simply like the camaraderie of week-end re-enactment and educating visitors re how soldiers lived.

There’s millions of them and thousands (at best) of us…they don’t get it…and they don’t care – they’re still eating Dates and Figs from Syria, they’ve forgotten who the Rohingya are, they don’t even know about the thousands of rape-produced Tutsi kids with HIV, they don’t know who Mau was let alone that he killed over ten times as many people as the Nazis, they think Stalin was a good guy cos what he did in the war (there’s a good few families of Polish officers who’d give them a good argument and 50 million Russian families too!), they think Pol Pot has a funny name (and didn’t wipe out a third of his country...where ever that may be)…until of course someone in the Facebook group posts something that starts with “Hey, I’ve just heard that……” and then they’ll all pile in suggesting crowd funding and that “someone ought to do something” (but NOT them) until someone else posts something about dog mess in the park.

…and they’re gonna win………

Sad isn’t it……let’s get back to Militaria and stuff…whilst we’ve still got it…..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast