Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Peak Rail 1940's event

Article about: Hi Guys, last weekend our group, 2nd Guards Rifle Division, attended a popular show near Matlock in Derbyshire, UK. This is a preserved steam railway and every August they have a WW2 weekend

Default Peak Rail 1940's event

Hi Guys, last weekend our group, 2nd Guards Rifle Division, attended a popular show near Matlock in Derbyshire, UK.

This is a preserved steam railway and every August they have a WW2 weekend. It is a great show.

Here are a few pics from our display. We had a lot of public interest all weekend. Each day we took part in a battle re-enactment based on the dying days of WW2 and the US/Soviet link up.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Peak Rail 1940's event   Peak Rail 1940's event  

Peak Rail 1940's event   Peak Rail 1940's event  

Default Re: Peak Rail 1940's event

A few more pics of some group members.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Peak Rail 1940's event   Peak Rail 1940's event  

As one of my Comrades from the unit has just joined the forum, I know he will like to see these pics of himself. Welcome to the forum "Bigbad"

Peak Rail 1940's event  

Lots of photos have just come online here from the event. I have met the photogragher many times at events and he does some nice work. I like his title to the pics of "Trains, Flames and Automobiles":

http://osbmedia.fotopic.net/c1556684.html

Cheers, Ade.

Ade, sorry I did not get there, we have had family problems, my wifes father is not at all well
    Ben

Hi Ben, I am very sorry to here that. I wondered what had happened to you?

Raymond came up on Sunday and he was really impressed with the whole event.

Cheers, Ade.

Thumbs up Re: Peak Rail 1940's event

Hi Adrian

Great looking pictures, very professional set up. But I hope that the guy from the second picture isn't wearing a 100 year birthday of Lenin medal...?

Greetz

Nick VR

Great looking crew Ade, and the shown situation at hand seems that it would be a blast to participate in.

What do you folks use for uniforms? Are most 50s/60s70s era cotton pilotkas, gymnasterkas, and trousers? Or, do you use TRIDENT or FRONT OF RUSSIA goodies?

The shoulder boards seem to be real ones...

What are the weapons laws in the UK? Are small arms, MGs & etc "dewatt"(sp), or are you able to fire blank rounds?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Hi Nick, no, the medal is the early version of the Combat Merit medal on the red ribbon with screwback fitting

Hi Richie, it is a great event and a lot of fun.

The kit is a mixture of original but post war dated summer weight uniform, with some guys wearing the odd Trident and Front of Russia or Ostfront products.

Most of the weapons seen in the pics are actually live firers with blank firing adaptors fitted. We had an specially licenced armourer come down just for the event so we could hire them. You have to hand over your passport to hire a weapon plus two proofs of address. In fact, the railway paid for them Otherwise we would only have had live bolt action rifles only. So I got to use my beloved PPSh41 Basically anything other than bolt actions has to be deactivated in the UK. These we can freely own.

Cheers, Ade.

ahem..... dont forget the ptrd ade , thats live too folks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast