Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question: Source for Repro Mosin-Nagant 1891/30

Article about: I am curious if anyone in the Soviet re-enactment community knows of a source to purchase a Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 or a Mosin 1891. Also, I'd be interested if there are sources to acquire a re

Default Question: Source for Repro Mosin-Nagant 1891/30

I am curious if anyone in the Soviet re-enactment community knows of a source to purchase a Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 or a Mosin 1891. Also, I'd be interested if there are sources to acquire a reproduction Nagant 1895 revolver or a Tokarev TT-33. What price would be expected to pay for each model? These need not be the working blank-firing version as this is for an impression display. Thank you for your help.

Default Re: Question: Source for Repro Mosin-Nagant 1891/30

Sorry I cannot help.

If you were in the UK it would be no problem as Ryton Arms stock most WW2 Soviets weapons as deactivated examples. But living in the USA, you could not import these.

Cheers, Ade.

What state are you in ?

Those are plenty at the gun shows, and are plenty cheap, as if the ammo also.

Brian

?

Most likely you can find a carbine at any gun show for under $100. These were heavily produced right before the war ended and after. It's definitely harder to find the non-carbine version, and you're gonna pay pretty high. I have seen them though, so I'm sure if you go to a handful of gun shows, you'll probably find one.

Matthew

mosins are a dime a dozen. in fact the gun shop a mile down the road from my house has about 15 m91/30's for sale for $100 each. you can buy a mosin nagant airsoft gun from wwiiguns.com but those are actually 5 times more than the actual rifle itself. you are better off just buying a real one and having it deactivated.

?

Mosin Nagant Rifle Model Identification Guide

That's a good site to use to identify markings, makers, etc. There are quite a few variants, and like I said, different ones can be more money. The carbines are everywhere and cheap, while the original 1891 will cost you more, but is still doable. Many people make the mistake of buying the cheaper versions thinking they have an original 1891, when it is really a carbine created for a Soviet satellite country in the late 50's. Hope this helps.

Matthew