Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Repro SS hat - How good or bad is it?

Article about: I am not in the market for one, I know next to nothing about them, except from what I have read in various threads here, BUT! I bought a torch from this Chinese site, and it's great! Absolut

Default Repro SS hat - How good or bad is it?

I am not in the market for one, I know next to nothing about them, except from what I have read in various threads here, BUT! I bought a torch from this Chinese site, and it's great! Absolutely no complaints, so I thought I'd have a quick look through his other articles and found this. I'm just interested what the experten here think of it? Admittedly there is only two photos, but I was wondering how good the Chinese are getting these days?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Repro SS hat - How good or bad is it?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Repro SS hat - How good or bad is it? 

Default Re: Repro SS hat - How good or bad is it?

I like the "M32 model used by elite troops" patter. Totally wrong description of what is a poor reproduction cap IMO for $100 plus.

Good spot to look for repros, all Janke made, is Extra Classe - The online shop for Michael Janke caps & uniforms

cheers

tony

With those reenactment photos there, he should also list the hat as REPRO

I don´t even think that an "M 32" existed.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

KSH
    ?

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    I don´t even think that an "M 32" existed.
    Very true, it is a collector-invented term.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

Now I know where the non existant M32 term came from. Recentlly, we have had two threads using this term in relation to reproduction black uniforms. Without detailed pictures of the Chinese cap, it is impossible to say how accurate the copy is.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Now I can get a made to measure black SS officers greatcoat for $140AU! Again, I have no idea how good or bad these uniforms are, but you sure could get yourself suited up for a fancy dress party or a reenactment at a pretty reasonable price.

WW2 German Waffen SS Black Replica Officer Greatcoat