MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Reproduction M36 tunic and pants. Need help.

Article about: Hello everyone, First off I want to ask forgiveness in advance for all the stupid questions I am going to ask, lol. I am trying to put together a German WW2 uniform for a short project film

Default Reproduction M36 tunic and pants. Need help.

Hello everyone,

First off I want to ask forgiveness in advance for all the stupid questions I am going to ask, lol. I am trying to put together a German WW2 uniform for a short project film I am making, and don't really know where to begin; of course price is the major factor here with accuracy being second.

I found a cheap wool tunic and trouser pair on ebay that claims to be an M36: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271081932895...84.m1423.l2649
    Is this accurate enough to be acceptable?

My next question involves rank, medals, etc. I have been searching for the last hour on this site and the web, and have been unable to find an extensive reference guide when it comes to this. Do any of you know a site or thread that will let me choose a rank, then seek out the appropriate items for the tunic?

Shoes. Would this uniform have been worn with jackboots?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Default Re: Reproduction M36 tunic and pants. Need help.

Would these collar tabs be appropriate? http://atthefront.com/german/insigni...rinsignia.html

Also, would the tunic and pants I linked be Herr or SS?

The (m36 tunic) would be ok for Heer or SS. The rest collar tabs, rank, boots etc all very on what you are trying to portray. The tunic might even be the wrong model for what you are trying to create you need to be more specific on what type of video you are creating and what role the soldiers are playing. Also I would not buy that set because the tunic quality is not the best.