Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13

Article about: First time at a event but me and my fiance had a great time nice to see the tanks for real, they are so big the King tigers and Panther is massive will be booking both days next year we done

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This site explains the turrets. Some myths have come about over the years:

PzKpfw VI TIGER II
    Great link!...

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    no did not get the story of the Konigs Tiger, i read the sign but cant remember, one was built after the war i think and the other green Camo was captured.

yeah panther was built after the war in one of the original factory, i still would class it as a war time Tank i did read the turret is not a match for the hull, the panther looks deadlier than the Tiger i really liked it

whats the difference in the 2 King Tigers
    I was told by one of the curators that the LSSAH Konigs Tiger ( the one with zimmerit and camo paint ) was attacked by some Sherman's during the battle for Normandy ( I cant remember the exact location, was a few years ago now ), it was put out of action by the Sherman's, you can see the shell damage on the tank. The crew allegedly stayed in the tank and would not surrender, they continued firing, the tank could still fire off rounds until their ammunition ran out. The crew stayed in the tank until the action had cooled down and then when they decided to exit the tank, the French Resistance were waiting for them, they lined them up against the tank and shot them all dead. True or False I cannot say, that's what I was told.

Cheers

Good link yeah the early turret was a bad design flaw making it a target,

yeah it has some wheels missing maybe they knocked a track off, but the damage to the side i took pics took chunks out of the edge no where near Penetrating it, sounds true the german soldier was showed no mercy,

so much History in that museum, Monday (day after Tank Fest) i just sat on a bench looking at the King tiger for 20 min amazed by it also done the same with the Tiger
    cant wait to go back will get some more pics up tomorrow

-Martin

just some more i thought i add, did take alot just added a few of the best i took that day

Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13Tank Fest 2015 Ironcross13

Very nice.

This looks just stunning :-) for an ignorant Dane, where exactly is this, love to see it live !!!:-)

Mfg
    Marc

you will love it there really is good, i spent whole of the second day in the museum with the Tigers and Panthers

http://www.tankmuseum.org/home
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeplN3y997M
    http://www.tankmuseum.org/whats-on/events/bovevt53168

would be worth visiting nice trip

Best Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2