Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Vimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and display

Article about: On April 4th, my Group, the 4 CMRA had a Vimy Dinner and concert, along with a small display. Here are some of the photos, I am the one in a Dispatch Riders uniform in front of the display,

?

Default Vimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and display

On April 4th, my Group, the 4 CMRA had a Vimy Dinner and concert, along with a small display.

Here are some of the photos, I am the one in a Dispatch Riders uniform in front of the display, there is a photo of the Mulligan stew that was served, as well as the Mayor with our Founder Bob M. giving a certifcate to Ted Barris, a well known Canadian Military Author.
    We provided the WW1 Uniforms to the band.

There are also 4 photos, not in order of the small booklet about the dinner. In one photo you can see Bob and I on one of our hand built repro WW1 Douglas Motorcycles that we will be riding across Canada this year, I am the on that is driving as Bob at the time had never ridden a M/C before

Dean O
    Canada

Vimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and displayVimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and displayVimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and displayVimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and displayVimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and displayVimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and displayVimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and displayVimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and displayVimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and displayVimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and displayVimy Ridge "Trench" Dinner and display

CBH
    ?

Thanks for sharing Dean, if you make it to Cape Breton on the Douglas's I'll have make sure I stop by.

?

Chris, I do not know where the stops will be yet, I do know that we will be stopping at several RCL that are named after VC winners, do you have one there?

I know we will also be stopping by Will Birds "Grave" in Amherst NS, took months to find out where that was

Dean O
    Ontario

CBH
    ?

That I don't know Dean but i'll look into it. Amherst is around 4 hours away but I'll see what happens.

I thought you where at Fortress Louisbourg last year and was disappointed that I missed you but I guess that must have been something else.

Please keep the forum updated on your trip.

CBH
    ?

None on Cape Breton but if you go to Newfoundland you'll drive through town.

?

Just found out, no stops in the Island that Nova Scotia should cut the link to, and let C.B. float away!!!! LOL
    Please tack no offense just a NS joke as well, as I understand a wish of many of the " We are an Island of rock industry" yes I know and love that song.

No one else on this forum will understand that, just an East Coast thing.

If I am one of those riding in the Great Land of C.B. and you have to drive to see us, have someone with you to drive your car/ truck ect.
    You will ride in the side car of the bike I drive...well only if you are Brave and foolish.
    I do not care about officals that my group want to meet or give rides too. People like you are more important as you Keep history alive though your deeds and actions.. regardless of anything my group may have promised to Officials for a a show in a sidecar, thats not why I am doing it..you are MY guest and I am not in charge of my group.. but I do have a bit of pull and a bad attuitude..what are they going to do??? Fire me!!! LOL

I do things my way, always been that way, yes burned many bridges, but have made many more... I hate to go on.
    But if it was not for people like you and me and many other member of this forum, how much history would have been lost???
    So yes I can be an asshole sometimes, keeps me sane.
    I gave up a Canadian Military forum a few weeks ago, people asking for help ect, and giving nothing in return..not even a Thank you..or being insutlng about your reply

Don't need it thats why I am her great help and people that help each other out...
    Now you C. B rat bastard, be ready when I come through..side car time!!!!

Take Care
    Dean O

CBH
    ?

I Laughed My A** Off ! Literately!

Well I have to my very best to make that happen. An offer like that doesn't come around often.

Not sure what I've got to wear but I'll come up with something. And the foolishness goes without saying!

Please keep me posted and Ride Safe my friend.