Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

War and Peace Show July 18th to 22nd 2012

Article about: The biggest event of it's kind in the world: War & Peace Show - The Largest Military Vehicle Spectacular in the World - Home Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: War and Peace Show July 18th to 22nd 2012

The big guys such as " Regimentals " have already been moved from their usual pitches to a drier part due to the complete waterlogging and they are towing vehicles into the car park !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I got in and out ok today(Delivering a fellow RRPG member and some display items),the wellies are a deffinate need though as it is well sticky underfoot,was no rain there today so it may dry a little but its gonna be a sticky one folks, loads there so doesnt look like the mud has put many off

Any update on what the Safety people decided today. Is it still going ahead?

?

Quote by Mark Tuson View Post
    Any update on what the Safety people decided today. Is it still going ahead?
    it was almost completely set up today with loads of display vehicles and traders going in so I would say its on

I sure as hell hope so, I'm really looking forward to it this year, apart from the camping in the rain

?

I would advise though if at all concerned give the venue a quick ring before you leave just to be 100% sure btw there were some awsome bits of kit there from the limited time i was in the showground,the vision of a halftrack and mud will deffinately stay with me lol

The show is on.

We have put off going down yesterday as planned due to the mud. Most likely going down today now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Just rained again at Beltring.

We are now setting off early tomorrow morning. We were hoping that today would help dry the site out a little.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ian
    ?

this pic was ERM stolen from some one who is there
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War and Peace Show July 18th to 22nd 2012  

?

Well did those of us that couldnt make it this year miss any thing good lol! Sadly I had other commitments but just wondered what members thought of it this year?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast