Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum

Article about: A highlight for me was getting to play with the SU76. Normally the crew compartment is "off limits" but we were allowed in. This had mulitiple battle damages to it. Even a hole thr

Default Re: Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum

A highlight for me was getting to play with the SU76. Normally the crew compartment is "off limits" but we were allowed in.

This had mulitiple battle damages to it. Even a hole through the barrel. A trophy from the Korean War.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum   Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum  

Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum   Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great photos Ade, I'd have loved to have been there. Three years ago I got my first PPSh-41 for Christmas, a slight contrast to the portrayed scenario here, where the soldiers were using them on Christmas! It must have been strange, to celebrate under such conditions. The set-up there looks great.

Mat

looks amazing ade really good photos that kv1 is a beuty what a briliant restoration thanks for sharing

Thanks Guys.

The display, as I mentioned, had limtations being indoors and in somewhat cramped conditions, but we were happy with the results. The shelter between the two vehicles was improvised to disguise the presence of a 76mm gun from an early T34 and behind that stands a T34 engine in sectional form.

The KV1 is sadly not a runner and actually has some "Battle damage" to the tracks, possible down the British Army in post war years.

I should record our thanks here to Manageress Nicky and all the other museum staff for their help and hospitality all weekend. We were well fed and watered!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Finnish Winter War captured Soviet early T26 light tank. Seen here in Finnish markings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum   Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum  

Final few pics.

Very well done! There is a small group of Russian reenactors who put on a display at the F.D.R. presidential library and mansion here in my home town on Memorial Day. To my untrained eyes, they do a great job. It would be nice if you guys could team up and create a larger presence of Ruskies!

This was a small event for us by the nature of the situation, so there was just the six of us there. But last year we put 45 into the field for our biggest event.

Cheers, Ade.

Looks really good Ade and it must have been fun.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This was a small event for us by the nature of the situation, so there was just the six of us there. But last year we put 45 into the field for our biggest event.

Cheers, Ade.
    Wow, you guys are huge!

Here is an old pic I found of the reenactor's group that sets up at F.D.R. mansion/ library every Memorial Day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast