Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wow, people really need to relax.

Article about: Wasnt going to comment in case my political views came pouring out but I think people are only sensitive and offended when it helps they're side. I dont think this would have come up if it w

?

Default Re: Wow, people really need to relax.

Wasnt going to comment in case my political views came pouring out but I think people are only sensitive and offended when it helps they're side. I dont think this would have come up if it wasnt election time. Politics is the name of this game. Out here. Lee

I was going to start re-enacting, even have half a uniform, but I was going to do american civil war, but you know I'm not going to wear a blue uniform, so I didn't want to hear the b.s. about slavery, I had 3 ancestors that fought for the south & before someone lips off, one of them was from Boston Mass, none were slave owners. I don't agree with the idea of slavery myself. but that is not what the war was over anyway.before anyone says it is go read a truthful history book. but back on subject, I see nothing wrong if that is the guys hobby, like someone said the SS has been gone since 1945.it's just re enacting, the same thing I was going to do, but it got too expensive.just like this hobby, I like collecting German stuff also, so big deal, nothing wrong with it, it's history, I didn't fight in ww2.it's just a hobby. politics suck anyway, they are all crooks.

?

Im with you there crazy horse. You had to be extremely rich to have slaves but fonywood portrays everyone as having them in the South. I will stop there because I could go on forever but I can sort of relate. My side of the family fought on the American side but my wife is German and her entire family of course fought for Germany and some were members of the SS. Wish I had that lot but everything was taken when her Opa became a POW. I cant reenact here in Germany because like many things here its forbiden. Cant even wear a uniform while playing paintball here! Lee

I'm half-Palestinian and half-Virginian. My girlfriend is half-Polish and half-German. Collectively, we have ancestors who fought against the Turks, Israelis, Germans (Her grandfather was in the Polish army.), Poles (She has family that was in the SS and Hitler Youth), Russians, and North Vietnamese (Her uncle). I have heard all sorts of crazy stories. It's a shame though, because her Polish family all hate me and they're all convinced that I'm a terrorist who's going to do something terrible to her. Plus I collect Nazi stuff so I have to be a shady character. haha

Well said.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I'm half-Palestinian and half-Virginian. My girlfriend is half-Polish and half-German. Collectively, we have ancestors who fought against the Turks, Israelis, Germans (Her grandfather was in the Polish army.), Poles (She has family that was in the SS and Hitler Youth), Russians, and North Vietnamese (Her uncle). I have heard all sorts of crazy stories. It's a shame though, because her Polish family all hate me and they're all convinced that I'm a terrorist who's going to do something terrible to her. Plus I collect Nazi stuff so I have to be a shady character. haha
    That does sound like a real shame indeed, not all of them take it as an offence or anything along those lines as my ex girlfriends mum was also Polish and she didnt find it at all upsetting or see me as a bad person just because I had a few bits and pieces of TR militaria displayed in my room, if anything she was glad I wasnt like most guys my age at the moment who have....lets say other interests that could be seen by some as a waste of time It is unfortunate about the guy in the news story though, and like others have said this has only been used against the man because its election time, anything to make someone look better than anyone else will be used. Its the sad and pathetic reality of the world we live in

Thanks

Danny

Quote by leej11 View Post
    Im with you there crazy horse. You had to be extremely rich to have slaves but fonywood portrays everyone as having them in the South. I will stop there because I could go on forever but I can sort of relate. My side of the family fought on the American side but my wife is German and her entire family of course fought for Germany and some were members of the SS. Wish I had that lot but everything was taken when her Opa became a POW. I cant reenact here in Germany because like many things here its forbiden. Cant even wear a uniform while playing paintball here! Lee
    yeah history teaches us everyone in the south owned slaves, b.s. I would say 10% or less had that much money, a slave back then cost as much, or more than a high dollar car now, but like I said I don't agree at all with slavery, just like my uncle was German, he always had a guilt about it, but he fought for the U.S. in Korea, plus he was a medic.so when I got my SS helmet redone I had his name put in it, may he R.I.P. he was my favorite uncle. but I think that the German people have more than paid for hitler & his crazy crap. just like the CSA, you gotta give it to the Germans, they had a helluva army, esp.my favorite, the waffen ss, it took 9 million union soldiers to beat 1 million confederate soldiers, so how many did it take to defeat Germany? anyway, it happened, it's over, so I like collecting German military items as much as I do U.S., British, or any other army in ww2

People in high profile positions really need to think twice as wearing german uniforms for reanacting or even for 'fun' can get you in a lot of trouble if the bleeding heart's want to make some mileage out of you.

Remember this story?

Wow, people really need to relax.

Cheers

?

Funny. Im a quarter Persian and 3 quarters Irish but 1000% American! WOOOO cuz Im wild!

but I think that the German people have more than paid for hitler & his crazy crap.
    I think so too! My wife and everyone here is still paying for it! And get this! My Grandfather helped liberate 3 concentration camps but where do you think my tax money goes! Anyway I guess its my fault for living here. The history here makes up for it. I enjoy the scenery. I live one street away from the castle here. Lee

?

Exclamation Re: Wow, people really need to relax.

We all have personal views on the "good and bad" side of these type of articles and third party observations.
    The point about these items being dragged up though has been highlighted a few times now.

This forum is about collecting and non-divisive debate.

On Ade's behalf, I feel it best to close the thread at this point, and thus allow him to overview it when he returns.

This by the way, has not been done in as a "Politically Correct" action, so please let things rest here.

With Respect.

Gary J.
    Last edited by Gary J; 10-13-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2