Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.

Article about: I attended the Birchwood festival here in Warrington today after a tip-off from Adrian Stevenson that his Living history group would be setting up camp. I got there nice and early, and after

Default WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.

I attended the Birchwood festival here in Warrington today after a tip-off from Adrian Stevenson that his Living history group would be setting up camp. I got there nice and early, and after maybe 30 minutes I heard the sound of a military vehicle approaching. I turned around and spotted Ade with his wife - Lez, and Walter. After they de-bussed I managed to have a chat with them and was given free rein to examine all the equipment which was going to be put on show.

WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 06-01-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Looking good!

Awesome ! It looks a nice sunny day over there !

Looking good Ade & co !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

If i was Ade i,d be careful, Les is as lethal with that bayonet as she is with her pots and pans and its good to see her back on form

Default Russian camp

Apologies for not finishing off the post - the boss called me away for lunch. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on Russian weapons - I only know the one's that most people recognise, but here's the rest of the pictures.

The medals... first we have Ade's collection - which he tells me are fully researched, and also those of his wife Lez. She did tell me the story behind them, but by the time I got home I had forgotten. I really should have taken my voice recorder with me!

Also a few more pictures of the Jeep. More pictures to follow in another posting.

WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.

Default The weapons and kit.

Now we move on to the amazing display of weapons that Ade and his comrades had put on display...

WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.

Default And more weapons...

It was rather sad really. The local Army cadet unit had put on a very good display of equipment which they use, there were also pictorial displays of the kind of activities they do - but not one single weapon on display. Guess who's stall the visitors were attending?

WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.

Default The last lot

The last lot of pictures. Note the woman holding the pistol, she was enjoying every minute of it - as was everyone who came to the stall. If anyone has an interest in this re-enacting group, they should look up the following website... 2nd GUARDS RIFLE DIVISION HOME PAGE

Once again, thanks to Ade & Lez Stevenson, Walter Priddew and Bill Smuts.

WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.WW2 Russian unit sets up camp at Birchwood festival, Warrington.

Hi Steve, it was great to meet you yesterday and I could have chatted all day.

We were busy and never stopped. We had several visitors who were actually Russian and they loved it all.

The weather was great and we are a bit red from the sun today.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Great Thread!