Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Bandoliers

Article about: Hi. The first one is British and was used by Estonian troops. But does anybody know the second one with the buttons? Buttons are marked "for gentlemen". Could it be perhaps USA? Or

?

Default Bandoliers

Hi.
    The first one is British and was used by Estonian troops. But does anybody know the second one with the buttons? Buttons are marked "for gentlemen". Could it be perhaps USA? Or does somebody know, did the Estonian Army had some production on their own? Thanks.

Default Re: Bandoliers

Hi Kass, I have not seen this pattern of bandoleer before, but then again I don't really know anything about Estonian items.

But I can comment on the buttons. I have seen these before (online only) but I am trying to think where? I know they were on a uniform item, most likely trousers. I have a feeling these were not on a British item but something German. Sorry I cannot help more.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Adrian.
    I have seen this kind of buttons also before. Think was a German garment. But that should not mean the origin yet IMO. The fabric looks similar like sometimes USA WWI cotton breeches. I could be wrong cause I have never hold neither the breeches or that bandolier in my hand. Just derived that thought from the pictures.

?

I think the first is kind of British or French one, the second one I have no thoughts. The first one I've found in old attics with Japanese, French and Imperial Russian rounds. Also one above bandolier I've found with Imperial Russian rounds in the postion of Estonian exterminate bataillon, who fougt on the Soviet side in 1941. I was wondered to find that the condition of dug-up bandolier could be recognized after the 60 years ling in the ground
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Kass,
    The second one is Finnish continue war era (41-44) bandolier.

?

Thanks!