Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

1895 M91 Blonde Stock and Import Question

Article about: I have an M91 with a blonde stock and could not find an import marking. I was wondering how original this stock could be. I realize its not the exact stock that was on the rifle when it was

Default 1895 M91 Blonde Stock and Import Question

I have an M91 with a blonde stock and could not find an import marking. I was wondering how original this stock could be. I realize its not the exact stock that was on the rifle when it was produced (It is in 99% condition), but I don't know where it came from. It has a unique cartouche and appears to be made from two pieces of wood. In addition, it is not import marked. Any idea how it got to the US? I bought it off an older gentlemen who could not remember how he got it.1895 M91 Blonde Stock and Import Question1895 M91 Blonde Stock and Import Question1895 M91 Blonde Stock and Import Question1895 M91 Blonde Stock and Import Question1895 M91 Blonde Stock and Import Question1895 M91 Blonde Stock and Import Question1895 M91 Blonde Stock and Import Question1895 M91 Blonde Stock and Import Question

Default Re: 1895 M91 Blonde Stock and Import Question

Well I'm just taking a guess, but I think a GI could have picked this rifle up somewhere and cut the stock, after taking the rifle apart of course. But they did this to fit a rifle they wanted to bring back into a duffle bag.