Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone i.d. This vintage uniform?

Article about: This picture was found in my grandma's attic, it is a relitive of mine, my grandma was Ukraine, so if that helps. anything someone can tell me about it would be great. thank you all.

Default Can anyone i.d. This vintage uniform?

This picture was found in my grandma's attic, it is a relitive of mine, my grandma was Ukraine, so if that helps. anything someone can tell me about it would be great. thank you all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone i.d. This vintage uniform?  

Default Re: Can anyone i.d. This vintage uniform?

It looks like an Austro-Hungarian uniform.

Maybe infantry or mountain troops?

The medal on the left looks like a Mobilization Cross for the Balken Wars 1912-1913 or possibly a Long Service Crosses for Non Commissioned Officers.

Hope this helps.

seanus
    ?

Austro-Hungarian Dragoon 2nd Regiment (black facings and white metal fittings)
    He has been awarded marksmanship badges attached to the right chest.
    Private, or Dragoner, rank.

Hope this helps

http://www.uniformsotw.co.uk

This uniform I.D. (Austro-Hungarian NCO) is subject to discussion on another thread. RedArmycollector is correct, it is an NCO long service medal, but seanus, the awards on his right chest are qualification badges in yellow metal, with a lanyarded nco's drill whistle attached, shooting award/lanyard was worn on left side, and consisted of woolen coloured bobbles on a lanyard. This is a hand coloured photo, with colour instructions on the rear, giving instructions to the colourist to paint the collar red, he/she clearly did not follow those instructions. Follow posts by MarilynMonroe to find other discussion/thread. I dont know why this is on for a second time ?