Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

can anyone tell me about the rank and uniform of the men i

Article about: My husbands maternal grandfather served in the Russian Army in 1920 can anyone give me such information as to what his rank was please. He is the one in the centre of this picture.

Default can anyone tell me about the rank and uniform of the men i

My husbands maternal grandfather served in the Russian Army in 1920 can anyone give me such information as to what his rank was please. He is the one in the centre of this picture.

How do I upload the picture please

Picture uploaded I think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can anyone tell me about the rank and uniform of the men i  

The men in the picture look to be wearing the uniforms of the Czars army. The picture was taken in Moscow, definitely before the Revolution and Civil war, probably before WW1.

-Phil

?

I think you are right. But for proper attribute, you need to make a good scan of shoulderstraps( the photo quality in this period allow to do that) then crop it and post here
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I guess they are all privates, but need to see a close up of the shoulder straps to be sure. A close up of the monogram on the strap will indicate the unit, too. The uniforms are typical for 1908-1914.