Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with great-grandfather's war uniform

Article about: Hello- I am looking for some information about my great-grandfather, Wencislaw Karsowski's, origins...this is the only picture that I have of him. He was born in 1875 in Lubin, Russia, and a

Default Help with great-grandfather's war uniform

Hello- I am looking for some information about my great-grandfather, Wencislaw Karsowski's, origins...this is the only picture that I have of him. He was born in 1875 in Lubin, Russia, and arrived in the U.S. in 1913. I have exhausted all options on Ancestry.com, so any information at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kristen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with great-grandfather's war uniform  

try without the flash.

Quote by kfavreau View Post
    Hello- I am looking for some information about my great-grandfather, Wencislaw Karsowski's, origins...this is the only picture that I have of him. He was born in 1875 in Lubin, Russia, and arrived in the U.S. in 1913. I have exhausted all options on Ancestry.com, so any information at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kristen
    His name/surname are Polish. Believe the town he was born in is Lublin currently in Poland.
    His uniform (1881-1907) along with the sword indicate that he was either with cavalry or artillery.
    The photo was taken in the city of Kolomna (right bottom) in Russia.
    The 5th Mortar Regiment of Russian army used to be the only relevant unit (either cavalry or artillery) which has been stationed there within the period 1881-1907.
    At least one online source mentions that very unit being based in Kolomna from 1897 to 1904 before it has joined Russian army in Russian-Japanese war 1904-1905.

good stuff mehti!

Thank you so much Mehti. This was very helpful! I can't wait to research it further!- Kristen