Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an Imperial Russian M15?

Article about: So I found this online recently, being sold as a "Imperial Russian WW1 M15 Helmet". I dont know the differences from a French adrian (if any) I would really appreciate help!

?

Default Is this an Imperial Russian M15?

So I found this online recently, being sold as a "Imperial Russian WW1 M15 Helmet". I dont know the differences from a French adrian (if any) I would really appreciate help!
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this an Imperial Russian M15?  Is this an Imperial Russian M15?  Is this an Imperial Russian M15?  Is this an Imperial Russian M15? 

I can only say that the liner looks to be very similar to a Bulgarian type

?

You are right! and searching it up, I have seen a few of an apparent Bulgarian Adrian variant that includes the lugs on the sides of the helmet (which I had not seen on other variants) Do you have any idea as to when the Bulgarian army may have used Adrian's in any way?

French 15 that I have for comparison

?

It's just those lugs on the side that strike out for me, I haven't seen them on French Adrian's before

I believe they did but I can't confirm that quickly, I go by what I have

Rare WWI French M15 Adrian helmet made by JAPY, used in Serbia, Bulgaria 1915

Look at this link. As reneblacky says: Bulgarian. Capture from Serbian Army and reconditioned by the Bulgarians.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

cheers! That clears it up then, Bulgarian it is

?

Quote by FinMC View Post
    So I found this online recently, being sold as a "Imperial Russian WW1 M15 Helmet". I dont know the differences from a French adrian (if any) I would really appreciate help!
    Seems there was the difference. I've found this picture in an old French magazine.
    From left to right: Belgian, Serbian, Russian, Romanian.

Is this an Imperial Russian M15?

I can only show the first and last one, but love to lay hand on the other two...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an Imperial Russian M15?   Is this an Imperial Russian M15?  

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris