Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Old Russian Photos Found

Article about: Hello, I found these photos of my great grandfather, Boleslaw. He was born in 1884 (In "Trotzko, Russia" although I could not find this on the map of the time period) and immigrate

cmrozewski
    ?

Default Old Russian Photos Found

Hello,
    I found these photos of my great grandfather, Boleslaw. He was born in 1884 (In "Trotzko, Russia" although I could not find this on the map of the time period) and immigrated to the USA in 1911. He is shown in two different uniforms here, and I was wondering if you could provide any information at all identifying them. Thank you so much for the help.
    Chris

I was told he was in the Prussian army, but after looking at the uniform and comparing to other photos - it appears to me to be Russian.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old Russian Photos Found   Old Russian Photos Found  

Default Re: Old Russian Photos Found

Definetly no Prussian uniforme, Bulgarian or Russian.
    Are you sure you are not mixing up the names and that you great grandfather was called Trotzko born in Boleslaw....??
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Left is for sure the Russian, most probably the right is too
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

hey Dimas,
    Just a dum off topic question; how comes you get to see them at the left and the right, here they show above and under...??
    cheers
    K

cheers
    |<ris

?

Sorry, I forgot that not all have the same monitor resolution.
    the first and the second then, instead of left and right
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Nothing to be sorry for, I was just wundering! Once on a preview of my posts I got the images left and right , but then when posted they appeard above and under...??

cheers
    |<ris

The photo on the right (peaked cap, sabre) clearly shows your ancestor in the uniform of the (Russian Imperial) Separate Corps of Frontier Guards. They appear a bit bright on the photograph, but the top of the peaked cap, the collar tabs, shoulder boards and sleeve piping were medium green – the distinctive colour of the Frontier Guards. His double-breasted, midnight blue tunic was also typical for this militarized corps.

Cheers,
    MIKE

cmrozewski
    ?

Great Thanks! I was wondering if anyone could tell me about that cap emblem on the left (top) photo? I have seen similar ones but cannot not figure out what it is exactly.
    I found an image of the same object here: Cap Emblem

I can't decide if it is the double headed eagle or this star that I have also seen in association: star (I know that link is not exactly related, but that is the star)

Svedskij could you direct me to more info about the Separate Corps of Frontier Guards? Anything would be great

Also, I am sure his name is Bolek (Boleslaw) and the town is Trotzki (but, looking at another map from the time period, this might be "Troki" possibly?)

cmrozewski
    ?

I just noticed - Being born in 1884, he would have turned 20 (mandatory age of service, i believe) just in time for the Russo - Japanese War. I am still researching this aspect.

?

could it be Naval land force?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast