Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic M91 Dragoon Bayonet from Poland?

Article about: Hi all. I am wondering if anyone can give me some clarification as to whether this is an M91 Dragoon bayonet. Brought it from a Polish flea market for the equivalent of £4 so couldn't say no

Default Relic M91 Dragoon Bayonet from Poland?

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone can give me some clarification as to whether this is an M91 Dragoon bayonet. Brought it from a Polish flea market for the equivalent of £4 so couldn't say no! I have put it next to my M91/ 30 for scale. I have read on the net that this type is uncommon? If anyone can confirm exactly what type bayo this is it would be great. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic M91 Dragoon Bayonet from Poland?   Relic M91 Dragoon Bayonet from Poland?  

Relic M91 Dragoon Bayonet from Poland?  

Default Re: Relic M91 Dragoon Bayonet from Poland?

I'm not sure just what it is that you have, but the locking ring equipped bayonets (both Imperial and later) that fit in the fixed sword scabbard rings are of the same general/overall dimensions. As are the 91/30 series of bayonets. That said, there are some variant models that I vaguely remember, but don't have the facts at hand. Regards, FP

Thank you for the reply. Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you. I did not know that bayonets with locking rings were used in the soviet period so that is a new one on me. cheers.

?

Yes this is ww1 russian bajonet for mosin nagant rifle. Also used in Austrohungarian army like spoils of war for backyard unit (gendarmerie,transport unit ...)

Excellent, thank you