Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Shashka WW1?

Article about: Hi everyone, a friend of mine has this Shashka. I have 0 knowledge in these. I cannot find any marking other than a serial number on the blade, im just not sure if this is a Chinese knockoff

Default Shashka WW1?

Hi everyone, a friend of mine has this Shashka. I have 0 knowledge in these. I cannot find any marking other than a serial number on the blade, im just not sure if this is a Chinese knockoff or legit. Any help would be great, thank you.
    Shashka WW1?Shashka WW1?Shashka WW1?Shashka WW1?Shashka WW1?Shashka WW1?

?

I have little specific knowledge as well but as I recall these often had many maker's marks and numbers. That doesn't mean a good one won't have just a serial but...

I have no knowledge in these, but from the originals ive been able to search, this one doesnt appear to be rounded enough on the handle. This seems more machine cut. just an observation, i cant seem to find anyone with knowledge on these.

?

The edges of the brass parts look recently made and without patina of use, but chemically aged.

Those same edges look rounded on all the originals ive seen.

Thanks for ythe links mate, i couldnt find any the same as this one, so it has to be a fake

Showing a lot of "problems" (mistakes) it's not like any period Russian Shashka that I've ever owned or handled - looking to me like it's a Chinese fake. Best Regards, Fred