Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unsure if Russian or german

Article about: Help needed with this regimental banner its double sidedplease

Default Unsure if Russian or german

Help needed with this regimental banner its double sidedpleaseUnsure if Russian or germanUnsure if Russian or germanUnsure if Russian or germanUnsure if Russian or german

I believe this could be Austro-Hungarian as the 2-headed Eagle is not a German Symbol - Same with the Flaming Bombs in the corners...
    Looks to be 6th Artillery Regiment ...(?)...
    I'm sure someone will be able to provide more information on this attractive piece...
    cheers, Glenn

Many thanks....I thought mayb Russian but out of my depth....kev

I wonder if the shield is a family arms? The black double headed eagle if associated with the Austro-Hungarian royalty should have a crown at the top. That symbol is also associated with the Holy Roman Empire, and the crossed keys with the Vatican. Could be the arms of a noble family or a city.

Except for one detail (the missing crown above the double-headed eagle), this is the coat-of-arms of the city of Minden in North Rhine-Westphalia.

The Reichswehr's 6. (Preußisches) Artillerie-Regiment was garrisoned in Minden.

Flags and banners are admittedly outside my area of expertise, but judging from the combination of the coat-of-arms, the "PAR 6" monogram, the red branch color and the flaming grenades, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that it is from this regiment.