Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

American Bund Stickpin......

Article about: Hello, Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum. I have a here, a stickpin, case, and case of a case. From the research I've done, Wm G. Morstrom did make custom jewelry in the 30s, so I'

Default American Bund Stickpin......

Hello,
    Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum. I have a here, a stickpin, case, and case of a case. From the research I've done, Wm G. Morstrom did make custom jewelry in the 30s, so I'm pretty sure the box and case are period. As far as the stickpin itself, it's got some weight to it, and seems properly knurled, however, there are no other markings. Any opinions? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture American Bund Stickpin......   American Bund Stickpin......  

American Bund Stickpin......   American Bund Stickpin......  

While I ve not looked for another example online, I looked through the Scott Freeland book and it shows a similar pin but no reverse images. Not that it would be conclusive proof even if it did. However I really like the detail of it and what looks to be honest wear and period construction methods. If I were to encounter it I would buy it! A nice obscure piece of not often discussed American history. JMO. Best regards.

Brian

If it is the original box it looks as though it had an accompanying piece, mabe a pinback or tie tack? Just a thought.

My bund piece is also affiliated with Chicago. With a large population of German imigrants settling there it s very plausible to think the stickpin originates from there?

German American Bund? Tag 1937 Chicago

Thanks maybe I got lucky for a change, lol!

Yes Exceptionally Lucky! VERY RARE!!!! Scott is a friend of mine you should get his book Super rare stuff bundhistory@gmail.com

Regards,Geoff

Quote by Geoff Ward View Post
    Yes Exceptionally Lucky! VERY RARE!!!! Scott is a friend of mine you should get his book Super rare stuff bundhistory@gmail.com

Regards,Geoff
    Thank you, I sent an email, is that where the book can be purchased? Thanks.

If you don't hear from Scott in the next day or so let me know.

Quote by Geoff Ward View Post
    If you don't hear from Scott in the next day or so let me know.
    Yes, I have been in contact via email, thanks for the help, your the man!!