Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Asbestos question

Article about: As someone who works in aviation, I can tell you asbestos is relatively good for you.

?

Default Re: Asbestos question

As someone who works in aviation, I can tell you asbestos is relatively good for you.

Quote by Nitram View Post
    As someone who works in aviation, I can tell you asbestos is relatively good for you.
    For insulation? lol I do not think its that good for me when I am crawling through it in attics while I am running wires...

Mates,Mates.I think that i wasn't understandable.That is what i was talking about.Am i ''safe'' from asbestos now. Many thanksAsbestos question

?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    For insulation? lol I do not think its that good for me when I am crawling through it in attics while I am running wires...
    Without derailing the thread, you don't want to know what goes into aircraft insulation/corrosion protection.

Many, not all, filters during WWII were made with coal filters. Wadding to filter smoke and active coal to take care of the chemical part.
    To my knowledge only the British filters contain asbestos, and as far as I remember they used blue asbestos.
    But don't take that for granted. Only filters made after 1956 are positively free from asbestos.

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    Mates,Mates.I think that i wasn't understandable.That is what i was talking about.Am i ''safe'' from asbestos now. Many thanksAsbestos question
    As a temporary solution, I would say you are.... but the best thing would be to use the PVA and water technique to seal them permanently.

Thanks

Danny

i find the similar threat and i will ask Ade for more info!!

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    Only filters made after 1956 are positively free from asbestos.
    That may well be true in some cases, however expired filters can pose a health risk even if they don't contain asbestos. Other filtering materials also break down over they years and can also be inhaled. You wouldn't drink out of date milk, so the same applies to old filters in my opinion

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    That may well be true in some cases, however expired filters can pose a health risk even if they don't contain asbestos. Other filtering materials also break down over they years and can also be inhaled. You wouldn't drink out of date milk, so the same applies to old filters in my opinion

Thanks

Danny
    Of course
    But they are posing a lesser health risk, since they are "only" containing active charcoal and wadding as particle filter.
    I doubt it is smart to start wearing them. As I remember from my NBC drills as a conscript, it is not even wise to leave a functioning mask and filter on for too long. At least not any longer than strictly necessary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast