Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Beautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette Box

Article about: I don't buy alot of stuff these days, but when a unique or special item comes along, it's time to take a look at it. Here is a unique and very high quality made piece that I picked up recent

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If he would care to show us some identical items, I would be more than happy to take a look at them for him. The box shows age, handling, and a fine degree of skill and workmanship-as well as fine construction. The latch, alone, would not be found on simple cheap tourist junk. It is hardly a piece of tourist drek. Regardless of where Vedran was born, you Have to trust your sources or else you may as well abandon collecting altogether. When you find a source with integrity and reliability, in this hobby, you stick with them. Because a person is unfamiliar with an item, it is not a carte blanche to begin doubting and mocking it.
    Was't mocking old chap.......just my two cents as you Americans say........do calm down.

You weren't the person I was referring to,luger....lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The Army cigarette box, if it occurred during the NDH WW2 era, should have such motives:

Not any "Ustaška Vojnica coat of arms", and other fantasies.
    You can find NDH fantasy objects (Very good workmanship.), at any flea market in Croatia.
    Like these items:

Otherwise Original NDH militaria is extremely rare.

Regards
    Vedran

Who said it was Army? And have you ever happened to look at Ustasha cap insignias, etc? There are Many many pieces that sport Only the "U". The "U" is a common 1941-45 symbol. Not everything produced in those years would Have to have every single bit of decoration on it. Now you're just talking absurd.
    William

?

Vedran, might you be able to post some pics of these flea market cigar/cigarette boxes?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Who said it was Army? And have you ever happened to look at Ustasha cap insignias, etc? There are Many many pieces that sport Only the "U". The "U" is a common 1941-45 symbol. Not everything produced in those years would Have to have every single bit of decoration on it. Now you're just talking absurd.
    Wiliam, read my posts again.
    We are tolking about cigarette box, not about Ustaška Vojnica insignias.
    (Painful truth is always hard to hear.)

Regards
    Vedran

Vedran....Why, because the cigarette box does not display anything but the coat of arms, does this make it instantly a fake tourist junk piece? You're not making sense....If you would, as I said, care to show me a box full of these hand made cigarette boxes, I would very much like to see them. And perhaps a handful of silver rings, as well.
    William

Quote by Scout View Post
    Vedran, might you be able to post some pics of these flea market objects?
    Nemaš frke.
    (Visor cap is repro, but the insignia is ok.)

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette Box   Beautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette Box  

Beautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette Box   Beautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette Box  

Beautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette Box   Beautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette Box  

Attached Images Attached Images Beautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette Box 

?

Plenty of items, I see.

Any cigar/cigarette boxes?

Original NDH cigarette box.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette Box  
    Last edited by Rancid66; 04-11-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast