Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Beautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette Box

Article about: I don't buy alot of stuff these days, but when a unique or special item comes along, it's time to take a look at it. Here is a unique and very high quality made piece that I picked up recent

?

Vedran, does the book contain information related to personal items such as the tobacco / cigarette case shown earlier?

I personally know nothing of such items but will say this, if the original piece is a "tourist trinket", then it has had a fair amount of skill and time invested in its construction.

And does it include what is, basically, handmade Trench Art or Folk Art items?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It is indeed old, absolutely handmade with high craftsmanship, and not something that I think would be created as a tourist trinket...

...in my opinion that is.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Vedran, does the book contain information related to personal items such as the tobacco / cigarette case shown earlier?

I personally know nothing of such items but will say this, if the original piece is a "tourist trinket", then it has had a fair amount of skill and time invested in its construction.
    Every carpenter, with today's technology, can made same box.
    An example of modern Croatian souvenir:

Regards
    Vedran

?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    It is indeed old, absolutely handmade with high craftsmanship, and not something that I think would be created as a tourist trinket...

...in my opinion that is.
    My thoughts exactly Richie.

Either Show Us another identical box like the one posted or let it go, Vedran.

I guess it may Almost be time to close this thread and end this pointless debate....
    William

Since NDH souvenirs are produced from 1946 - today.
    For Croat in exile.

But, period NDH cigarette box, should have Croatian wattle.
    Example:

Beautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette BoxBeautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette BoxBeautifully Made Wooden Croatian Ustasha Cigarette Box

Regards
    Vedran

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    Every carpenter, with today's technology, can made same box.
    An example of modern Croatian souvenir:

Regards
    Vedran
    Note the "cheesy" brass hasp. The item in question has a closure that has "old school" attributes. Also note the difference in finishes between the two...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Note the "cheesy" brass hasp. The item in question has a closure that has "old school" attributes.
    As i wrote beafore - these is modern type of box . (Croatian coat of arms is 1991 model type.)
    And NDH souvenirs made ​​from in 1946.

Regards
    Vedran

Why does the modern box you show not exhibit this same "modern" crest then? The 1941-44 NDH emblem IS the one on the box-not the one that you posted. You can find examples of this same symbol on almost any piece of 1941-44 insignia that you care to look at. You seem to think that the box is some sort of issued and factory made piece? It is Hand Made. Not a Purchased item. If I am hand making an item, I can put Whatever imagery on it that I wish to. The carving on the box is identical to a 1941-44 Cap Badge. The modern crest looks very little to nothing like the WWII era cap badges, belt buckles, collar tabs, etc. Did every piece of German product that was hand carved have to include the Eagle and swastika or simply a swastika? Whatever the Carver happened to feel like at the moment.
    I am not going to debate this the entire day. If you knew what you were talking about instead of making these senseless statements and accusations, it would be different, but you apparently do not. Do some research before you make these strange comments.
    William

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast