Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bulgarian M36A helmet

Article about: Greetings,gents.I just picked up my M36 model A helmet,for which i paid only 10 euros. No major rust,no dents. The only major issue,beside the missing split pin(easy to be replaced) is that

?

Default Bulgarian M36A helmet

Greetings,gents.I just picked up my M36 model A helmet,for which i paid only 10 euros.
    No major rust,no dents.
    The only major issue,beside the missing split pin(easy to be replaced) is that it has 3 layers of paint,i didn't see it before,I thought it had only 2 layers but...
    On the inside the original color,on the outside it has the original color,some remains of the after 1944 paint(when we joined the russians),and some post war paint unfortunately...
    It has remnants of the tricolor and a red star at the front.The liner i'm not so sure i think its post war(a replacement for sure),underneath it there is this small cushion which is a bulgarian invention.
    All in all,i would say a nice find considering how rare it is to find them in untouched condition.
    Emanuil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian M36A helmet   Bulgarian M36A helmet  

Bulgarian M36A helmet   Bulgarian M36A helmet  

Bulgarian M36A helmet  

Nice, salty M36 A helmet. As I can see most of it's original brownish paint is present which is tipical with bulgarian helmets. Chinstrap and liner are postwar replacements, rivets look good.

?

Yeah you pretty much covered it,this is not for my personal collection,I bought as a gift for a friend he just starts collecting,so i think its a good first helmet.

By all means, I do own a couple of post war modified bulgarian helmets too in my collection with war time features. I like these helmets and pretty much collectible items still. A nice gift indeed!

A very nice example!....

?

Thanks,Gunny!
    And i found one war time non touched for my collection,stain tuned for pictures soon
    Emanuil.