Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bulgarian WW2 Officer uniform - revsited

Article about: Greetings all, I have posted this uniform before,but last time i had no clue about it,my pictures were bad and so on...so i decided to revisit it. Since then,with the help of some expert loc

?

Default Bulgarian WW2 Officer uniform - revsited

Greetings all,
    I have posted this uniform before,but last time i had no clue about it,my pictures were bad and so on...so i decided to revisit it.
    Since then,with the help of some expert local collectors of Bulgarian WW2 items,i was able to gather a lot more information.
    The uniform is a winter every day uniform model M1936.
    It belonged to a Lieutenant Colonel from the General Staff.I was told his name was Marinov and that he was a commander of a regiment in Sofia,
    but i dont think there is a way to confirm this.
    Judging by the medal bar from left to right(in order of awards)he was awarded with:
    1 - Commemorative Medal for the Balkan war 1912-13 - It has a black line so that means he is a relative of some one who died in the war.
    2 - I was told maybe the cloth bar is missing so probably the medal is a First world war Commemorative Medal 1915-18.
    3 - Medal for 10 years of excellent military service.
    4 - Most likely a Medal for merit; or Order of Saint Alexander 5th class.
    5 - Order for military merit 4th or 5th class (for a Lieutenant Colonel I think its more likely a 4th class ).
    I had some doubts the uniform might be put up together,but after consulting with experts,they assured me there is nothing wrong with it.
    And after examining the stitches carefully i think its ok.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian WW2 Officer uniform - revsited   Bulgarian WW2 Officer uniform - revsited  

Bulgarian WW2 Officer uniform - revsited   Bulgarian WW2 Officer uniform - revsited  

Bulgarian WW2 Officer uniform - revsited   Bulgarian WW2 Officer uniform - revsited  

?

A few more photos,plus a photos with some of the medals equipped.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian WW2 Officer uniform - revsited   Bulgarian WW2 Officer uniform - revsited  

Bulgarian WW2 Officer uniform - revsited  

MAP
    ?

That is a great looking tunic. So similar in many ways to Wehrmacht examples
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I really really appreciate seeing this one it is exactly the type of history i love to study. Thanks for sharing, it is a beautiful piece that i would love to have in my collection.
    May i ask if you could find time to take some outside daylight pictures of it some day so i could see it in its natural colors?

PS Do you have any matching cap for it? And do you have the original trousers?

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I really really appreciate seeing this one it is exactly the type of history i love to study. Thanks for sharing, it is a beautiful piece that i would love to have in my collection.
    May i ask if you could find time to take some outside daylight pictures of it some day so i could see it in its natural colors?

PS Do you have any matching cap for it? And do you have the original trousers?
    Hey TrondK,im glad you like my post!I to love to study the history of my items,thats why i spent such a big effort to find as much as i can about the uniform.
    I still hope i can find somethin about the Lt. colonel who wore it.
    These are daylight pictures,and this is exactly the way it looks in person,so you can see the natural colors(especially on the last picture).
    Unfortunately a cap i dont have....I've been on the hunt for one in a good condition,but with no luck so far...
    Caps are extremely rare to find these days.I recently saw that the guy from who i bought it,has posted some trousers for sale.
    I'm pretty sure those are the matching once,when i have some spare money I'm getting them!
    I forgot to post a picture of the back anyways,here are additional photos,daylight and no direct sunlight.(i still think the first photos show the real colors here it looks a bit more grey then green).

?

Its a great piece you really need to send the seller a email asap and ask questions regarding the rest of it he may very well have- or know where the rest of it is, dont forget these treasures are even worse to come by then most ss item we usually see everywhere, but please use natural background, never white since the white background draws away colors and alters the picture. (a photographer friend of mine educated me alittle bit about this after i tried to send him some pictures long time ago)
    I will keep an eye open for visor/headwear and trousers for you, i dont know many people these days but the few i know are very skilled around the history and equipment of these brave volunteers against stalins heartless minions.

Fantastic jacket, Cheers for showing! As a gap filler for a soft cap, a decaled steel helmet won't be astray.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 06-16-2018 at 04:15 AM. Reason: added pic

MAP
    ?

Nice one Rene! (How hard was it to dig this one out from the "pile"?)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice one Rene! (How hard was it to dig this one out from the "pile"?)
    hehe not too difficult, well a little.. had to scroll through thousands of archived photos of the junk pile.

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Its a great piece you really need to send the seller a email asap and ask questions regarding the rest of it he may very well have- or know where the rest of it is, dont forget these treasures are even worse to come by then most ss item we usually see everywhere, but please use natural background, never white since the white background draws away colors and alters the picture. (a photographer friend of mine educated me alittle bit about this after i tried to send him some pictures long time ago)
    I will keep an eye open for visor/headwear and trousers for you, i dont know many people these days but the few i know are very skilled around the history and equipment of these brave volunteers against stalins heartless minions.
    Oooh ok...didnt know about the white backgound...Taking pictures is not my strong side...lol
    By the way there were no Bulgarian volunteers on the Eastern front!
    But stalins heartless minions did made us fight versus our German brothers...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast