Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Bulgarian WWII Field Cap

Article about: This is the WWII Bulgarian field hat. I would like to know if worn by army or all forces. Thank you, Bob Hritz

Default Bulgarian WWII Field Cap

This is the WWII Bulgarian field hat. I would like to know if worn by army or all forces.

Thank you,
    Bob Hritz
    Attached Images Attached Images Bulgarian WWII Field Cap  Bulgarian WWII Field Cap  Bulgarian WWII Field Cap  Bulgarian WWII Field Cap  Bulgarian WWII Field Cap  Bulgarian WWII Field Cap 

?

Default Re: Bulgarian WWII Field Cap

It was worn only by the soldiers and officers from the Armored Brigade and the motorised infantry.

Thank you, Theo.

Bob Hritz

?

??????????? ?? ??????????? ??????? ?? ????? ?? ????????? ???? ???? ??????, 1942 ?. | ?????????? ????????

Those who manned the tanks, wore mainly black uniforms with o.s. caps. Saying mainly, because on some photos they wear that hat, too. The other parts of the Brigade /assault guns, armored cars, anti air and antitank artillery, etc. The Armored Brigade ha a complex structure/ all used that kind of hat.

Thank you again, Theo. I attach a photo from the site LOST BULGARIA which clearly shows the field hat in wear.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian WWII Field Cap  

?

I have the exact hat, but the buttons on the front have artillery symbols, though I have heard tank units wore these hats with these buttons. It's hard to find factual info on these hats. Thanks for the pic though. Nice hat.

Matthew