Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can you spot the rare item?

Article about: Good evening, I have just purchased this little lot, the items were in a misc. ww1/ww2 lot. Can anybody spot the rare item? Thank you, Glen.

Default Can you spot the rare item?

Good evening,

I have just purchased this little lot, the items were in a misc. ww1/ww2 lot.

Can anybody spot the rare item?

Thank you, Glen.
    Attached Images Attached Images Can you spot the rare item?  Can you spot the rare item?  Can you spot the rare item? 

?

Can't make out the small stuff buddy.

If my antique eyes aren't playing games on me as they often do, of course...I Believe that I can just make out a red shield shaped Hungarian Arrow Cross button hole badge.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well done William!

I spotted it too. It appears of same construction to similar button hole badges I have from the period. I couldn't resist.

Do you know what the badge is to the right of the button hole badge?

Thank you, Glen.

Dont want to be a wet blanket, but just because a dealer recently listed 4-5 (broken) of these for absolute stupid prices of 350-450 USD a piece on his site, doesn't mean anything. The one that was listed at MILI321 for the past 6 months, ended again - last week, unsold.. at €25.-

Can you spot the rare item?

The 2010 Hüsken catalog values them at €150.- but, well i would not be interested for $10.- whatever it is, is is most common indeed.

Sorry to bring bad news on a Sunday, but it is not a rare item at all, and i dont see why i shouldn't say so either for others who might find this thread, and not know.

I appreciate your opinion but to if you were to sell originals for $10 you wouldn't know what had hit you.

I am not the only one who believes this to be a rare item as William knew the item I was referring to.

Here is a thread about other similar items from the same regime: Hungarian arrow cross

Thank you, Glen.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    I am not the only one who believes this to be a rare item
    Bingo Not everything that we believe is rare, is even actually real as many of my posts on this forum have proven. Unfortunately we cant pick and chose what fables to believe and what ones we discard based on whether the actual item is owned by us or someone else. Usually a rare item wont be found for sale every day, on many sites, for very different asking prices - unless something is wrong. I proved this a few times now, the latest thread being the supposed rare Kesselring para-badge. On the dealers sites you`ll read the same word over and over, RARE. (sometimes seldom encountered too ) but once you look behind the smoke and BS, and go searching yourself, you find a totally different picture.

If you spend some time and do a bit of background footwork on this badge, you wont like what you find. The reason that i would never buy one for $10.- is simply because i know a bit more about this particular badge, and i dont like what i know.

Thank you for your reply. What do you know about this badge that you won't divulge?

Thank you, Glen.