Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

did I ever get bayonetted, kinda funny

Article about: you can fix that dremeled Arisaka bayonet, since it's already been messed with you should use extra fine sand paper and smooth out the rough dremel marks and wipe a small amount gun blueing

Default Re: did I ever get bayonetted, kinda funny

you can fix that dremeled Arisaka bayonet, since it's already been messed with you should use extra fine sand paper and smooth out the rough dremel marks and wipe a small amount gun blueing over the metal, this will darken it and give it a little patina then leave it and let it rust a little and it will look OK

Quote by battle gear View Post
    you can fix that dremeled Arisaka bayonet, since it's already been messed with you should use extra fine sand paper and smooth out the rough dremel marks and wipe a small amount gun blueing over the metal, this will darken it and give it a little patina then leave it and let it rust a little and it will look OK
    yeah, I thought about that, but this person even went so far as to hit the blade too, they skipped around the 3- 0's that mark the blade, I have a bayonet, that was made in manchuria, best description I can give you for the blade makers mark, is a large circle , with a small circle inside it, then it has 3 sraight lines, one is straight down, while one goes right & the other left & it has a ball on the end of the scabbard, one side of the handle is broken, so I am going to swap handles. the mark kinda looks like a steering wheel. just can't recall the name, but it starts with a W, I think, thanks for your suggestion oh yeah, plus they ground off the serial #'s, I don't know why they just didn't lightly wire brush it, or better yet leave it alone. the pic's did not look like what I received, it was one of those that had like 5 minutes till end, didn't get to look at it as much as I wanted. oh well thats ebay.

Hello,
    My advice would be : never buy from a seller without a return policy. If a seller says "no return"....just say "thank you and bye bye"....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    My advice would be : never buy from a seller without a return policy. If a seller says "no return"....just say "thank you and bye bye"....
    Thanks
    I hear you, I hardly even look at ebay anymore, I did get 3 really good deals on there though, one was from an older couple, who had a U.S. m-43 field jacket that had never been issued, then about a week later a guy I know on there had a unissued pile jacket that goes with an m-43, I'm sure you knew that, then I got a korean war poncho, like the ones at the korean war memorial, it looked unissued, but it had a ssgt's name, etc painted inside, the leather tabs were like new & the wooden balls that tightened up the stings are still varnished, theres more to the story of the poncho, but I'm sure you don't want to read a novel, but I do need to write all the info down. but yeah I am pretty much done with ebay

best regards
    Marty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2