Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Fascist or Communist Spanish Pin ?

Article about: Hello, this pin is part of my Spanish collection but I have yet to identify it. I have not been able to find any similar images for this type of badge featuring a helmet superimposed on thre

?

Default Fascist or Communist Spanish Pin ?

Hello, this pin is part of my Spanish collection but I have yet to identify it. I have not been able to find any similar images for this type of badge featuring a helmet superimposed on three arrows. The helmet looks like it could represent an M21 Spanish helmet without wings (sin alla) or M26 Trubia with wings (con alla) These early type of helmets were used by both the Nationalists and the Popular Front. The arrows are a common symbol used by the Nationalists and the Falange in particular. However this configuration of three arrows is similar to the anti-fascists groups like the Iron Front (Eiserne Front) and modern day anarchists "antifa" The arrows for these groups usually point downwards not upwards. it could also belong to any number of foreign troops that fought in the International Brigades. Perhaps it is even a veterans pin. This is all speculation on my part. Any help in identifying this pin or finding similar images would be greatly appreciated.

Fascist or Communist Spanish Pin ?Fascist or Communist Spanish Pin ?

M21 and M26 Photo's courtesy of Brendon's Helmets :

Spain M21 Cont. - Brendon's Helmets

?

Hoping someone recognizes this pin

?

Bumping this up one more time to see if anyone recognizes this pin.

Default A difficult question

Hello, Aldo.
    I found the image of a pin like yours. I have taught both of them to a friend of mine who is very expert in the Spanish Civil War, and he does not identify it, he only has the feeling that he thinks it belongs to the Republican side.
    I will continue investigating, in any case.

Certainly the helmet model can be from either side .....

Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 10-06-2018 at 07:41 AM.

?

Hello, thank you for your assistance. I did buy it from a dealer in Spain who can only inform me that it was from the civil war. I appreciate anything you may find out.

Regards, Al

JMM
    ?

Never seen this pin before
    Maybe you're right and might be a veterans once it looks a bit like the "regular" ex-combatant version