Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish wartime uniforms, colonel and corporal !

Article about: Thought id share my Finnish uniforms as a last post of 2012 . The tailor made Colonel of the Staff tunic is named and you can see he was well decorated ! My otherwise humble ORs Jacket , of

Default Finnish wartime uniforms, colonel and corporal !

Thought id share my Finnish uniforms as a last post of 2012 . The tailor made Colonel of the Staff tunic is named and you can see he was well decorated ! My otherwise humble ORs Jacket , of 1936 patt is dated 43 and was probably stripped of shoulder straps and worn postwar (i got to fix this still !) I put the collar insignia of an Infantry corporal . These are attractive uniforms that are probably scarcer than German ones ? The Field cap is a very distinctive part of Finnish uniform . Mine shows considerable wear ,which i like as its been nicely period repair darned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish wartime uniforms, colonel and corporal !   Finnish wartime uniforms, colonel and corporal !  

Finnish wartime uniforms, colonel and corporal !   Finnish wartime uniforms, colonel and corporal !  

Finnish wartime uniforms, colonel and corporal !   Finnish wartime uniforms, colonel and corporal !  

Default Re: Finnish wartime uniforms, colonel and corporal !

Nice. Ive always wanted to collect WWII Finnish stuff.

Interesting to see someone else in the UK collecting Finnish items and the items are getting harder to find these days in Finland

Quote by kradman View Post
    Interesting to see someone else in the UK collecting Finnish items and the items are getting harder to find these days in Finland
    Yes , well its just as well their arent too many of us as the army was small to start with ! Finnish uniforms have a lot of appeal and the Russians i know in Petersburg greatly respect their fighting capacity ! There is a re enctmaent / archaeological group their too .

Nice tunic Rob. What is the colonels name?