Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this a genuine WW2 Italian M33?

Article about: I recently saw this on an auction site, before committing to any sort of purchase I would like to know if this is a genuine WW2 M33? It seems to have the correct liner, rectangular hooks &am

Yep-that would be it. So, apparently, this helmet is one of the lids that were carried on using after the war was over, as evidenced by the various coats of paint you can see. It's hard to say what post war alterations and changes may have been done with it, but that's typical of the Italian M33's. I would not invest a sizeable amount of money into this lid on account of the low condition, but it depends on how badly you want it. I remember back in the early 1960's rummaging through Huge piles of these helmets looking for one that was "good". No cracks, a solid liner and strap, intact painted bomb, etc. It was difficult even back then to find one that ticked all the boxes, but seeing as how they were "choice for $1", you couldn't lose too bad!.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I didn't plan to go too high on account of the repaint - but Italian helmets don't pop up so often here in New Zealand, so I'll definitely give it a go - I've no where else to look!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2