Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet find - Bulgarian?

Article about: Hi! It never ceases to amaze me what I am able to locate stashed in basements and garages in the area! Today i picked up this helmet, I think its Bulgarian? It was fairly cheap, so i thought

Default Helmet find - Bulgarian?

Hi! It never ceases to amaze me what I am able to locate stashed in basements and garages in the area! Today i picked up this helmet, I think its Bulgarian? It was fairly cheap, so i thought I would take a shot. Im not sure if they are sought after or desired, or even the era. As always, thoughts and opinions are appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet find - Bulgarian?   Helmet find - Bulgarian?  

Helmet find - Bulgarian?  

Default Re: Helmet find - Bulgarian?

Looks like a Bulgarian M36 helmet that was the basic helmet of the Bulgarian Army post World War II and during the Bulgarian participation in the ww2 war.
    Not a high dollar item but nice.
    Eric
    Helmet find - Bulgarian?
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I like it too. I need to pick one of those up.

Type B M36 I believe. I've been looking to add one of these to the kids collection as well. In that condition, you can pick these up on eBay for $35-$40 but then you have to throw another $25 at it to have it shipped to the states.

I got ift for $20, so i figure i did ok. Found in a dank dirty basement north of Detroit.

?

I just started collecting 2 months ago. I ended up buying 2 Bulgarian helmets sorta by accident (Type C's). Yours is also a Type C. But it is better than mine because it has the national decal and an original liner in good shape.

This is a fair-salty M36 bulgarian 'C' type combat helmet. 6 pad liner, bulgarian tricolor.