Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help ID the medal ribbon

Article about: Please help me identify the medal ribbon of the 352 Oak Leaves holder Karl Baacke. The one I mean is set between the ribbons of Deutsches Schutzwallehrenzeichen and romanian medal for Crusad

?

Default Help ID the medal ribbon

Please help me identify the medal ribbon of the 352 Oak Leaves holder Karl Baacke. The one I mean is set between the ribbons of Deutsches Schutzwallehrenzeichen and romanian medal for Crusade against Communism - the red ribbon with white and green (???) borders with a crown and swords on it. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help ID the medal ribbon 

Hi, from picture provided, I believe it to be ww1 Austria-Hungary commemorative.???

?

I have some doubts that 1907 born Karl Baacke could have anything in common with WW1 Austria-Hungary, but the ribbon colours seem to be Hungarian to me too. Nevertheless I cannot find any hungarian award that bore such a device on its ribbon. It could also be bulgarian (same colours - green, white, red), but I am not sure, that is why I'm asking this question. So let's keep on searching. Thanks for a try!

Most likely it is the Bulgarian Voenen Orden "Za Hrabrost" IV stepen, 1 klas that would be the ribbon to accompany his breast award

It was just a stab, picture not real clear. Sorry. I'll keep looking. As far as placement on the bar itself, I would think it to be something fairly known but.... I guess thats what makes this hobby fun.

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Most likely it is the Bulgarian Voenen Orden "Za Hrabrost" IV stepen, 1 klas that would be the ribbon to accompany his breast award
    No, this award was worn on the left breast, like the EK1, and just like EK1 it had no ribbons on the bar. The 4th degree 2nd class did have the ribbon, but of different colours. So it is not Bulgaria. I have no idea at all what for an award it could be.

Very strange.

It looks like the combatants' ribbon for the Bulgarian Медаль за участие в Европейской войне [War Commemorative Medal] (to which every holder of the German 1914/18 Honor Cross was entitled as well).

Here's an example from my collection with the German, Austrian, Hungarian and Bulgarian WW1 service awards:

Help ID the medal ribbon

But it can't really be that medal...

For starters, the crown-and-swords device is odd. On ribbon bars, the ribbon was worn both with and without swords (they were really unnecessary, as the non-combatants' and next-of-kins' categories had different ribbons), but I have never seen a crown device for this ribbon.

More importantly, however, is the fact that - as said above - Baacke was only born in 1907 and (obviously) didn't serve in WW1.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    but I have never seen a crown device for this ribbon.
    Yes, this very crown is the weirdest thing on the ribbon. Without the crown I guess it would definitely be the ribbon of Hungarian Merit Cross on the War Ribbon with Swords.