Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Identifying suspected Axis overseas hat

Article about: I would like some help identifying this suspected Axis (possible Blue Division) Overseas hat. Any ideas, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

?

Default Help Identifying suspected Axis overseas hat

I would like some help identifying this suspected Axis (possible Blue Division) Overseas hat.
    Any ideas, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Help Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hat

?

Thanks to Sadurni and his knowledge of the Blue Division, the pin on the hat is most likely the SEU pin. Sindicato Universitario Espanol. (It seems to be common in the Spanish Civil War) I have been trying to locate photos of the pin on a similar hat, but no luck. But found a few period photos of the emblem on Blue Division soldiers uniforms.

Help Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hat

MAP
    ?

Nice item. Looks like that pin has been on there forever.

Sadurni (if I am correct) has a pretty amazing collection of blue division items from what I have seen over on GHW.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I like the look of it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade, I like the look too. Yes, Sadurni has an amazing collection of Blue Division Relics. I went to him to identify the SEU Emblem. Do you think the hat is a WW2, Axis member style hat? Something that could have been issued in the Spanish Civil War? In WW2?

Sorry, I just don't know enough about this subject to make a 100% judgement call on this one.

But I like the look of it and it has real age to it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ade, thanks for looking. And as always Thanks for your honest opinion.

?

Yes, it’s a SEU Emblem. Sindicato Univeritario Espanol (Military University unions formed in Spanish Civil War and who’s some members Joined the Division Azul / Blue Division 250th infantry Division German/Spanish Volunteers.

Help Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hat

?

I know it's an old thread but here is my example of the SEU cap

Help Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hat

Help Identifying suspected Axis overseas hatHelp Identifying suspected Axis overseas hat

?

Hi. Very nice. Yep. Just like mine. Have you done any other research on your hat?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast