Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Hungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel Helmet

Article about: Hi All, I want to share with you my newest addition, I mostly collect german helmets but im also half hungarian so this was a must own for me, its a Hungarian M35 civil air defense as noted

Default Hungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel Helmet

Hi All,
    I want to share with you my newest addition, I mostly collect german helmets but im also half hungarian so this was a must own for me, its a Hungarian M35 civil air defense as noted by the color, I love the look of the cold blue steel, and its also named on the liner plus initialed inside and outside the liner, I got this for a bargain price so Im pretty happy with it, I also added some german winter goggles just to give it some extra flare. hope you enjoy the pics! feel free to comment.
    Holding and owning historical relics just blows my mind!
    Hungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel HelmetHungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel HelmetHungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel HelmetHungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel HelmetHungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel HelmetHungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel HelmetHungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel HelmetHungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel HelmetHungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel HelmetHungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel Helmet

Default Re: Hungarian M35 Civil Defence Steel Helmet

Wonderful helmet, congrats!

Thanks, this is by far the cheapest helmet in my collection and yet it excites me the most, go figure.

When does it date to? Is the liner correct and original or a reproduction? I've been interested in getting one for my Finnish collection - if memory serves Hungarian M35s were either the second or third most numerous helmets used by the Finns during the Winter War.

Its all real, looks, smells, feels real, Im not very knowledge on these helmets, I did enough research to get a good idea of them, one good thing is they are reasonably cheap compared to german helmets therefor there isnt much demand or profit to be made from faking one. so most of them are genuine, I will post a link to a thread started here by easternwarfront that helped me out alot, it will help you out im sure, give it a read.
    Click below
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/axis-...elmets-129730/

Thanks, I think the one (and only one) I've seen for sale up here costs $100-$130 CDN. Missed out on a WW2 one a few years back for $80 USD on an auction site.

Edited: Just finished reading the link - thanks for posting it. An excellent thread on Hungarian helmets!
    Last edited by dastier; 09-18-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Just finished reading the link - thanks for posting it. An excellent thread on Hungarian helmets!
    No problem, good luck with hunting one down and post it here when you get one.

I checked the Hungarian one I mentioned. Its a bit more than I posted and unfortunately has a Finnish late 50's liner. I suspect repainted postwar too. Might still buy but not a priority for me right now.

Nice GY64 hugarian civil defence 'A' helmet, later blue-grey paint. I like the clear name inside! József Vida and VJ initials of him! Looks like an early type brass chinstrap buckle.

Thanks, I didnt even know about the name untill I got it so it was a very nice surprise/bonus! I hope to get an army/green one someday to complete the set