Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iron Trefoil III. Class (Croatia)

Article about: Hi ! A couple of days ago I posted this Croatian medal here in the WRF: http://warrelics.eu/forum/axis-milit...l-silver-8342/ Today I want to show you an other award, the same soldier was de

Default Iron Trefoil III. Class (Croatia)

Hi !

A couple of days ago I posted this Croatian medal here in the WRF:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/axis-...l-silver-8342/

Today I want to show you an other award, the same soldier was decorated with.

With the "Iron Trefoil 3rd class" also came the beautyful document, (size: 37x29 cm), together with the envelope. the document was sent in. Also an accompanying letter !

The LT. was awarded "For bravery and successful fighting against bandits, especially in the Tuzla-region, where they´ve had significant losses"

I think, this is a rare award but it´s really more scarce, that it came together with the document, the envelope and the accompanying letter and together with the other croatian medal, (including the document and also an accompanying letter).

Also I´ve got the documents of the Iron Cross 2nd class, the Wound badge in black, the Sturmabzeichen, ("Allgemeines" Sturmabzeichen), and some other stuff of the same soldier.

Rgds.,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Trefoil III. Class (Croatia)   Iron Trefoil III. Class (Croatia)  

Iron Trefoil III. Class (Croatia)   Iron Trefoil III. Class (Croatia)  

Default Re: Iron Trefoil III. Class (Croatia)

the envelope:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Trefoil III. Class (Croatia)  

Indeed very rare medal. Papers and box are even more rare! I think you might posses unique item, my friend!
    I really like your items. Plus they have story behind. That's something you don't see every day. I'm sorry that this soldier got killed.

How did you obtained all of this? Was he related to you?

Thanks for showing it. I have not seen one of these before. It is a very attractive award.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Schachbrett View Post
    Indeed very rare medal. Papers and box are even more rare! I think you might posses unique item, my friend!
    I really like your items. Plus they have story behind. That's something you don't see every day. I'm sorry that this soldier got killed.

How did you obtained all of this? Was he related to you?
    Hi !

Years ago I advertised in paper´s, lookin´ out for Militaria.

Someday I´ve got a call to examine some military items.
    The man told me, there´re only a few items, so I didn´t carry much money with me ... )

Among the items also where the insignias of his visor-cap, plus the orders , (not only the document´s !), and some stuff from the brother of the fallen soldier, (police M43, his leather belt and some stuff of the Hitler-Jugend).

All this I was able to buy !

There was also the officer´s-dagger, two photo-album´s and his military-passport.
    But I was "out of ammo", (out of money), and a couple of day´s later I tried to get the rest.
    But: The son of the fallen soldier told me then, there´s nothing left to sell ...

Cheers,

R.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks for showing it. ...
    Never mind, Ade !

For me it´s really a pleasure to show some items out of my small collection here, in this very fine forum !

Cheers,

R.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Hi !

Years ago I advertised in paper´s, lookin´ out for Militaria.

Someday I´ve got a call to examine some military items.
    The man told me, there´re only a few items, so I didn´t carry much money with me ... )

Among the items also where the insignias of his visor-cap, plus the orders , (not only the document´s !), and some stuff from the brother of the fallen soldier, (police M43, his leather belt and some stuff of the Hitler-Jugend).

All this I was able to buy !

There was also the officer´s-dagger, two photo-album´s and his military-passport.
    But I was "out of ammo", (out of money), and a couple of day´s later I tried to get the rest.
    But: The son of the fallen soldier told me then, there´s nothing left to sell ...

Cheers,

R.
    Gruess Gott, Reibert!
    You were very lucky! When you put that kind of advertisement in our newspapers, mostly you get yugo stuff. And people think that these things are precious!

Can I ask you something more? When you catch some time, could you please take few more pictures of the box itself? I'd really want to take a close view.

Here you are ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Trefoil III. Class (Croatia)   Iron Trefoil III. Class (Croatia)  

Kalu
    ?

I am stunned, that's a beautiful grouping!

P.S. If you EVER decide to let it go PLEASE let me know! :-)

Really nice! Thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast