Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Badge and Case?? What is it??

Article about: Hey guys I am not sure what I have here. This came in a grouping to a US vet that served in the Pacific theater so it could be Japanese but I am not sure. Sorry if it is very common I am jus

Default Japanese Badge and Case?? What is it??

Hey guys I am not sure what I have here. This came in a grouping to a US vet that served in the Pacific theater so it could be Japanese but I am not sure. Sorry if it is very common I am just not up on Pacific theater items. Thanks ahead of time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Badge and Case?? What is it??   Japanese Badge and Case?? What is it??  

Japanese Badge and Case?? What is it??   Japanese Badge and Case?? What is it??  

?

Ostvolk medal. Nice find.

These where given to the Eastern volunteers, and later also to the Germans fighting/serving with them.

Ostvolk Medal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep, 1st Class Ostvolk - Eastern Peoples - not Japanese.
    Nice with the original case.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you very much guys I had no idea! Shows what I know...Lol. There are 2 of these in the grouping both with the original case. Make you wonder how a pacific war US vet got them. Maybe a trade from a buddy??

Thanks again for your help.
    Devin

?

Yes a trade, or someone- maybe an old warbuddy knew he had more interest of these things, and gave them to him for safe keeping.

I see the gold colour is strong on this award. This makes it even more attractive in any collection, usually the gold or silver colour flakes of and leaves a dull grey zink colour underneath.

This is a keeper in any collection.

wow, first time that i have ever seen this award, super nice condition.

?

I knew a PTO vet who gave me a unissued BEVO Heer eagle and said his brother who served in the ETO gave to him. So I'm not surprised to see a ETO award in the possession of a PTO vet. They did trade when they got back home!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Great find!.....

I have onee found in Alsace where Russian troops fought, SS or not.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

agreat rare set.what a find.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast