Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Latvian Elmars Sprogis

Article about: Hello all, Here are a few items & photos that I thought some might be interested in. I aquired these a number of years ago from a friend whose cousin did house clearings. Whether the sto

?

Default Latvian Elmars Sprogis

Hello all,
    Here are a few items & photos that I thought some might be interested in. I aquired these a number of years ago from a friend whose cousin did house clearings. Whether the story is true or not who knows but here they are. Supposedly these where found in a house that Sprogis had lived in.
    The first picture is of a young man wearing the uniform of a pre ww2 lieutenant. The next picture is of an infantry regiment standart which reads "We go to where the Fatherland calls.”
    The photo of the boys with the rifles are 1st and the 2nd class of Aluksnes highschool on military lessons, in 1931.
    This information and translations were provided by members of another forum.

Duzig(Bill)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latvian Elmars Sprogis   Latvian Elmars Sprogis  

Latvian Elmars Sprogis   Latvian Elmars Sprogis  

Last edited by Duzig; 07-03-2012 at 05:34 PM.

?

Default Re: Elmars Sprogis

The picture shows a badge which I have been told is a Latvian Military School's Deputies ( vice ) Officers' course breast badge. Name of the badge in Latvian is: Karaspeka Dalu Virsnieku Vietnieku Kursi.
    The badge is pre WW2, and Latvian. Instituted March 16, 1931. The picture of the badge I show came with the rest of the items. The badge itself I acquired at an auction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latvian Elmars Sprogis  

Default Re: Latvian Elmars Sprogis

Hi Bill, very interesting. Never seen this one before.

I have sorted the pics for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello Ade,
    thanks very much for that. If it's okay I will try to post some pics and I hope that you won't have to bother doing it again for me. I have a few more pics of another standart and I have a copy of transcript of his trial which I will post a few pics if anyone is interested in reading about.
    thanks,
    Bill

Please post them, sounds interesting.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello,
    LOL, i hope someone speaks latvian here because there is a possibility that for the standart pictures I show I may mix up some of the translations so I will hold them for last while I show other pics. next picture is of a parade on a national holiday in the 1930's. According to a translation I have gotten the wording on the back of this picture says:" In the middle of the thirties - A parade on a national holiday - Gulbene, Garrison square, the commander of the Gulbene garrison, lt.col. Pincers addressing the soldiers. His ADC sr.lt. A. Jauncems. Visible to the left of lt.col Pincers, commander of (?) unit (?) of Madona, Fr. Sprogis (1) and the mayor of the town of Gulbene, H. Gavars (2). On the left commander of the Gulbene fire brigade, Dr. Ellenberg (3), vetarinarian of the Madona Aizsargs (volunteer defence organisation) regiment Richters (4), (probably some sort of) forestry official and commander of Gulbene Aizsargs unit O. Niedra (5) "
    Latvian Elmars SprogisLatvian Elmars Sprogis

?

Here are 4 items that were found along with the photos and transcript. Everyone I have asked so far has said that they don't recognize the 3 cloth items but that they may be related to the "Aizsargi" or home guards units. The metal item with the 3 stars and eagle(?) is I believe a cap badge. A latvian shield was also among the items I got.

Latvian Elmars SprogisLatvian Elmars Sprogis

Bill

?

I hope this is not too boring.
    Here are a few pages from the transcript I have
    Latvian Elmars SprogisLatvian Elmars SprogisLatvian Elmars SprogisLatvian Elmars SprogisLatvian Elmars SprogisLatvian Elmars Sprogis

thanks again, any comments, translations or info anyone has is appreciated.
    Bill