Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this man in the Japanese or Chinese army?

Article about: I saw this photo and was wondering if he was in an Asian military. He looks Asian to me. Anyone have an idea? Thanks.

?

Asian mom, German dad or vice versa.
    I had pretty Japanese female student in one of my design classes at Pitt State in Kansas in the 80s. I noticed one day that she had hair on her forearms and I asked her if she was part Mongolian or Ainu, not in front of the class though. She told me that her grandmother was German, ergo hair on the forearms. I paid a lot of attention to pretty Asian girls in my much misspent youth. Actually I wasn't prejudice at all. I paid attention to pretty girls of all races and nationalities.
    Mongolians have a lot more body hair than other Asians so do Japanese Ainu for those that give a $hit.

I can't say that I ever really paid much attention to the hair on girls Arms...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by BlackWatch View Post
    My friend who sent me the photo sent me the complete image. Here it is. And here is the back too.
    And lo and behold; here is the cap insigne that was retouched out of the originally posted version of the photo.

The text on the reverse side means:

"From 15th Dec. 1943 to 2nd March 44 as an Arbeitsmann with the RAD-Abteilung 3/334 in Piesendorf/Oberpinzgau.
    From 10th Feb. 44 to 2nd March 44 with
    RAD-Abteilung 3/334 on armed forces assignment attached to the Luftwaffe at Salzburg.
    Address - Field post no
    ."

Piesendorf is a municipality in the Oberpinzgau, which in turn is a region in the Austrian state of Salzburg.
    The eponymous city of Salzburg (seat of the Luftwaffe element to which this man's RAD unit got attached and location of the photo studio whose stamp is seen on the reverse) is the state capitol.

If this man is Eurasian would that been "normal" or ok with the German population at the time? I know that many nationalities were in the Wehrmacht and Waffen SS so would the same attitude existed with the RAD?
    Is this man in the Japanese or Chinese army?

?

Thumbs up

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Asian mom, German dad or vice versa.
    I had pretty Japanese female student in one of my design classes at Pitt State in Kansas in the 80s. I noticed one day that she had hair on her forearms and I asked her if she was part Mongolian or Ainu, not in front of the class though. She told me that her grandmother was German, ergo hair on the forearms. I paid a lot of attention to pretty Asian girls in my much misspent youth. Actually I wasn't prejudice at all. I paid attention to pretty girls of all races and nationalities.
    Mongolians have a lot more body hair than other Asians so do Japanese Ainu for those that give a $hit.
    I find it interesting, Thank you.

The human nature has always facinated me.

"Mongolians have a lot more body hair than other Asians"

Zero evidence for this, and probably an inappropriate comment.

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude, I just don't agree. Worked 10 years off and on in Mongolia.

his facial features dont look 100% Mongoloid, he has a narrow nose, small nostrils, thin lips, narrow face, he shows some Caucasian features

possibly Japanese?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2