Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My new RNP armband

Article about: Here is my new RNP armband I picked up at the SOS show. These are the only two I have ever seen for sale hope you all like. The ideology of the RNP was clearly of a fascist nature, advocatin

Default My new RNP armband

Here is my new RNP armband I picked up at the SOS show.
    These are the only two I have ever seen for sale hope you all like.

The ideology of the RNP was clearly of a fascist nature, advocating anti-Semitic and racist policies and sharing a strong admiration for Nazi Germany. Despite this, it differed from Jacques Doriot's French Popular Party (PPF) in that it maintained the principle of universal suffrage, public education, anti-clericalism or the conservation of sculptures of Marianne, a Republican symbol, in the townhalls . Those ideas created constant conflicts between the RNP and more reactionary elements of Vichy who also supported the Révolution nationale ("National Revolution") and had been trained in the Action française monarchist movement.

On a tactic level, the RNP supported Pierre Laval and criticized the "Vichy reactionaries" and the PPF. Marcel Déat maintained close links with the German ambassador in Paris, Otto Abetz, whilst Doriot turned himself towards the SS. AFter Laval's return to government in April 1942 and the Nazi occupation of the Southern Zone in November 1942, Déat focused all his efforts on creating a single party of the Collaboration which would permit him to impose himself as its sole leader. In November 1942, the leaders of the RNP, Déat and Georges Albertini, met with MSR leaders such as Georges Soulès. Following this meeting, the RNP created the National Revolutionary Front (Front révolutionnaire national, FRN) which gathered the main Collaborationist parties, apart of Doriot's PPF. The FRN thus included the RNP-Labour Social Front, the MSR, the Parti franciste, the Groupe Collaboration, the Jeunes de l'Europe nouvelle and the Comité d’action antibolchévique (Anti-Bolshevik Action Committee). Déat furthermore managed to gain to his side the secretary of the PPF, Jean Fossati, and named to the head of the FRN Henri Barbé, issued from the PPF. However, the FRN finally was a failure.

In March 1944, Déat was named Minister of Labour and of National Solidarity, and took as assistants the RNP leaders (Georges Albertini, Georges Dumoulin, Ludovic Zoretti, Gabriel Lafaye, etc.) From then on, he focused more on his ministry tasks than on the organization of the RNP.

On 17 August 1944, Déat took refuge in Nazi Germany, almost alone. Roland Gaucher, in charge of the youth organisation of the RNP, would also accompany Pétain in Sigmaringen.

Eric

My new RNP armbandMy new RNP armbandMy new RNP armbandMy new RNP armbandMy new RNP armbandMy new RNP armbandMy new RNP armbandMy new RNP armbandMy new RNP armband
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default Re: My new RNP armband

Very nice Eric.
    Anything from the RNP is very hard to find.
    chris

Thanks Chris the guy at the show I got it from had no idea what it was.

Eric

Very nice find! Congrats Eric.

Regards

Nice find indeed Eric, thanks for the quick history on the RNP.

Jay

Now thats a rare bird

Thanks for the kind words all.

Eric