Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nasjonal Samling Insignia Pickups

Article about: I have recently gotten interested in Norwegian items from the war...all sides, allied, resistance, NS, collaborators...I spent most of last year in Norway and visited many historical sites,

?

Default Nasjonal Samling Insignia Pickups

I have recently gotten interested in Norwegian items from the war...all sides, allied, resistance, NS, collaborators...I spent most of last year in Norway and visited many historical sites, and find this a nice little niche to catch my breath outside of the craziness that can be the USMC and Third Reich sides of the hobby.

Needless to say, this doesn't seem to be a highly collected area in the US, so it's rather difficult to find stuff. I think most people who stumble upon it don't know what it is, so it makes searching for it even tougher. I was fortunate enough recently to stumble upon a small lot of NS insignias being sold and was able to pick them up.

First up...a Marinen Ravn. I am so new to this side of the hobby I thought this was a fantasy piece until someone educated me on the small Naval force Quisling stood up. It appears this patch was worn both on the cap and sleeve. Does anyone know if they were different sizes? It's hard to tell in the few images I've found...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nasjonal Samling Insignia Pickups   Nasjonal Samling Insignia Pickups  

?

Also in the group were a few badges. On the flanks are the 1941 and 1943 Hirdmonstringen badges. These were for what was essential the Nasjonal Samling's version of Nuremberg rallies held in Oslo. In the center is a bronze grade Verneidrett Badge, sadly missing the pin or clasp that was once on the rear.

I believe the Hirdmonstringen badges were essentially like Tinnies...does anyone know if they were authorized on the uniform? I assume the verneidrett badge was a uniform item
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nasjonal Samling Insignia Pickups   Nasjonal Samling Insignia Pickups  

?

Lastly were these four cap badges. The ones with the painted emblems were for the NS Youth Group...the unpainted I have read were for Marinen troops, but since they used the crest in the patch above I'm not sure how correct that was. If anyone knows for sure please let me know.

These badges were zinc and thus the silver wash is usually pretty absent. Sadly, the one with the most silver wash is the one missing the pins. These pins are notorious to be missing due to their thin structure...so I guess I gig okay with 3 out of 4 having them.

Because of the pins, these emblems were often sewn onto the cap, sometimes through holes punched in the wing tops or around the narrower parts of the emblem (feet, etc)

I will probably be offering the duplicates for trade for other NS badges and insignia.

MAP
    ?

Nice stuff. Not something I'm familiar with or collect but great to see items such as these.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Can anyone help me with that badge? I even do not know if it has any connection with Nasjonal Samling at all but there is a raven and Norwegian national colors so I guess it has some connection with that movement.

?

Interesting badge...I have not seen it in any sources about the Nasjonal Samling, but it's my understanding the we're only one Nasjonal Samling reference currently and it is far from complete...only covers badges, not insignias

Very nice items.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by ostfrontmilitaria View Post
    Can anyone help me with that badge? I even do not know if it has any connection with Nasjonal Samling at all but there is a raven and Norwegian national colors so I guess it has some connection with that movement.
    Here is a stickpin version that popped up on German eBay dating it at 1960-64

Fruhe BM : Mutzenabzeichen Schnellboot HUGIN P6191 - 1960 / 1964 - emailliert - | eBay