Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No one has been able to help me with this UNKNOWN medal Anyone like to give it a go ????

Article about: by RH1941 Kris like the little skulls any idea what they are used for . Gary No idea what they where used for. I got little horses, Napoleon's, ...you name it! They could have been anything.

Default No one has been able to help me with this UNKNOWN medal Anyone like to give it a go ????

This is of two piece construction seems to be guided .I have messaged quiet a few military dealers and had no luck in identifying this medal This might not be the right area to post it . I know nothing about came from a deceased auction with some military gear.Any help be greatly appreciated. Thanks No one has been able to help me with this UNKNOWN  medal Anyone like to give it a go ????No one has been able to help me with this UNKNOWN  medal Anyone like to give it a go ????

Default Re: No one has been able to help me with this UNKNOWN medal Anyone like to give it a go ????

Not a military item what so ever to me!
    Just a fantasy time piece.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: No one has been able to help me with this UNKNOWN medal Anyone like to give it a go ????

I agree with Kris, not a military medal that I recognise, just a nice medallion or pendant with a Romanesque bust in the center and some medieval looking swords etc around it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I thought that might be the case But the amount of work that has gone into producing it makes me think It's not a fantasy piece either. it's enamelled gilded and two piece construction. Seems like a lot of work for a fantasy piece.I would think not military but then you have the crossed swords . You may be right stuka I just don't know.

- - Updated - -

I thought that might be the case But the amount of work that has gone into producing it makes me think It's not a fantasy piece either. it's enamelled gilded and two piece construction. Seems like a lot of work for a fantasy piece.I would think not military but then you have the crossed swords . You may be right stuka I just don't know. oh and it has some age to it if it's a fantasy piece it's very old. It's quiet large for a pendent medal a little bigger then an iron cross

I could show you ton's of old 19 th century fantasy items that needed lot's of work to be assembled,enameld or finished!
    Defenetly not military item!

cheers
    |<ris

WOW that stuff is great Kris

Hey Kris, I'll take one with a crown, 2 skulls and crossed rifles, though no hearts I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Kris like the little skulls any idea what they are used for . Gary

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

The pieces that Kris showed are nice stamped pieces. The original posted piece is a cast piece with very little finishing. I believe the other posters are correct in stating that it is most likely a fantasy piece.

Fred

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

....... The original posted piece is a cast piece with very little finishing. ..

Fred
    I totaly agree! It would have been my next statement.
    ;-)
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast